A Ferrari is a rolling car show: | FerrariChat

A Ferrari is a rolling car show:

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gatorrari, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When you get collector car insurance, you're supposedly getting it to take your car to car shows and other events.

The problem is: everywhere I take the 328, a "car show" of sorts seems to break out!

Consider today at lunch: after leaving the gym, I drove to a nearby Mama Fu's for an early meal, and it took me five minutes to walk the 75 feet or so from the Ferrari to the front door.

Why? First a fellow in a beautiful '73 Alfa GTV (whom I had met at real car shows) stopped while driving by and chatted. Then an Indian gent in a new Maxima stopped and had some nice words. Then a chap in a very nice white Porsche Carrera--I'd guess early '80s, but I don't know 911s that well--stopped and talked a bit. Finally, I was able to go in and eat! (And this is not a heavily-trafficked lot.)

Did I mind? Not in the least--I love talking about the car. The relative rarity of Ferraris, and the gorgeous, and familiar, styling of the 328, makes every place I bring it a potential "car show"!