a few pictures from the dyno day... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

a few pictures from the dyno day...

Discussion in 'New England' started by boondocksts, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drewwtms

drewwtms Rookie

Apr 26, 2004
    North Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    D. Drew Ingram
    Hi,

http://douging.smugmug.com/gallery/72139

These are not from the dyno day but rather a Porsche day a couple of months ago. The GTO was there, cornered in the showroom. But there are pics of lots of Italian cars as well as pics of the storage areas.

Verella, that's still an amazing story albeit one with a sad ending. Try to remember the good stuff, soon it will outweigh the bad.

EDIT>> I just realized the car you are speaking of is in this picture:
    http://douging.smugmug.com/photos/2505181-M.jpg

D

2. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Great pictures. I love those vintage Ducati race bikes.

There was a beautiful Aston Martin in front of KTR Saturday. Top notch. Did it belong to anyone here?

Suzy

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the AM DB5 was at KTR. they pulled it out front in the morning. DAMN gorgeous.

doody.

4. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Indeed.

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
  6. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    Wow. More impressive than the HP number to me is the torque curve- pretty much dead flat from 2k RPM all the way to redline. Guess that's what 12 cylinders will do for you. My (modified) 300ZX peaks at about 310 HP at the wheels, but the HP and torque curves stay pretty anemic until the turbos light up at around 3K or so.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    oh yeah, baby!

I'M A TORQUE SLUT !!!!!!!

:)

doody.

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Been studying all the Dyno sheets and it seem around 5k is where all models have the TQ and HP cross over. Also all Fcars (except the TR) had farily flat TQ curves.

9. boondocksts

boondocksts Rookie

Apr 30, 2004
    SW USA
    5323 (i think thats the exact number) is where all tq/hp meet on every correctly scaled dyno graph. that is becuase hp is a function of tq, 5323 is a constant. the equation is like tq*rpm/5323 (i'm not sure if the number is 5323, but its close, and i know it has a 5 a 3 and a 2 in it :) )

10. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    (Torque x RPM) / 5,252 = Horsepower

doody.

11. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    One huge variable in the curves of my Tr is the fact the custom exhaust although made to fit the Tr may not be (and probably is not) fully tuned for the flat 12. I wish I had the time to dyno the stock and custom exhausts back to back.

Kenny K.

12. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Some of that extra loss is due to larger wheels and break rotors. You'd be suprised how they effect the result. I was not aware of the 409 HP, is it really in the manual? That being the case I would imagine the top speed is also overstated since CS has more ground effects. But how does it out accellerate a 360 Modena?

Matt

13. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
  14. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Steven,
    Your QV? Was the highest run your last? Power going up on every run (as the engine gets hotter normally it's pretty lean. Did you get an A/F measurement? A little mixture adjusting might be in order. A stock qv should be about 195-197, but if his dyno reads a touch low, then the last run pretty close.

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    mk e,

Yes, the dyno reads low AND the fluids still had room to reach full operating temp. As i said before my friend, i DRIVE the 308 and so have fluids in her for that purpose :)

Each run yielded a higher (and nicely linear) output. Have asked them to recheck the A/F ratio tho since they did the major in November and the car is there now for suspension bits. Hope she gets home late this week or early next week as i really want to get to the new race seat/harness install ASAP.

i can drive on the 17th and expect to rack up at least 250 miles that day alone :)

16. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Steven,
    Congrats on getting your license back! Did you get the car back?

I have one last pic to post. Can't you just hear the screaming exhaust note?

Birdman

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    AWESOME PIC!!!! 4R-WEEEEE The car is ready and am picking her up tomorrow :)

See other thread my friend.