A GOOD THRASHING | FerrariChat

A GOOD THRASHING

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 400SPYDER, Aug 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Given previous threads on new Gatsos, radar detectors etc. Would be interested in Fchatters recommendations of exhilirating routes to use the Fcar the way it was supposed to be driven - obviously prerequisite is that I'm sure all of us on Fchat are are all very camera shy!

Perhaps not the best topic for a public board - but if any Fchatters prefer to PM me - especially those in and around Kent I would be obliged.

Can I also suggest for other Fchatters that can't/don't make local meetings perhaps if you put your request for PM's from others in your area, for similar information on this thread.

2. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 400 Spyder M8,

Got me own Grand Pricks circuit - colloquially known as the A31 dual carrigeway - will post photograph's of speedometer if someone will volunteer to sit in the passenger seat to take same.

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    my P100beast is faster than you P100 wunder truck 105MPH IT HAS A FOUR BRANCH MANIFOLD ON IT as i have just checked the oil and water and noticed it once gave a fortune for a four branch for me old RS2000

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

Is yours turbo-diesel? Mine's a two litre petrol. It is surprisingly fast!

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    mine is petrol with a manual choke conversion on it

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

I have seen 115 on the M27 down the gradient past Rownhams Services. The 512TR has exceeded 175 in the same spot (Can be corroborated) I went past Ray 360M with passenger - who didn't photograph the speedometer as he was frozen with fear! (and it was dark!) So I require someone with nerves of steel and a steady hand when I go for the 512Tea Are - Tea Arse Land Speed Record.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    These deeds of daring -do are best kept off of a public forum , TR.... You never know who's watching ;)

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Toeknee M8,

Thanks for the tip guv. However, I'm 'Master of the Lodge' this year, so am quite well protected!

9. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    aha 512 tea greetings wm

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    when you passed ray360 was he in the cut price poverty model 360 with no stripe?????????

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

Yep! (It's in for repairs at the moment down at Glenn's Red Car Emporium)

12. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    A26.
    A24
    A284 off the A24 going across to the a17 and Arundel.
    Off the A23/A26 going towards Lewes, you have a roundabout for Kingston and Newhaven. That road is only about 10mins into Newhaven but it will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about a sportscar's abilities.

South of Royal Tunbridge Wells down towards High Rocks, Frant, Groomsbridge. All the roads around there.

The A2 past Canturbury, turn off for Bridge or Ickham or anywhere round there and just drive for fun. Keep on the A2 and head as if going to Dover. About 10 mins past Canturbury the road becomes single lane and a turn off past some traffic lights for a little village called Coldred. Opposite that, i.e. a right hand exit road are roads that will take you down to Rye. Those are brilliant.

Head out of Maidstone going towards West Farleigh and/or Yalding. In Yalding cross the bridge and turn left. Those are the backroads that will take you out towards Goudhurst...more blinding drivers roads and full of little garages selling Astons, Porsches, Bentleys, E-types.

David...having spent the Spring and Summer being dragged all over Kent and East Sussex by the gf looking for a place to buy!

13. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Thanks alot David

That's just what I was looking for - glad to see that I'm not the only one house hunting - couldn't drive fast though - in case we missed something!

We never found anything - hope you had better luck - mind you I decided we'd stay where we are and I buy a Ferrari instead - great result heh!

Cheers Kevan