A Grande Giro in 2023? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A Grande Giro in 2023?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by em42, Dec 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    there should be 2 events
    one for new cars and one for old

i hope the price is not the quoted 25k plus taxes...because it would be an other way to rob owners and customers

silhouette and Boomhauer like this.
  2. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    Astonish78 likes this.
  3. 25k is just crazy unless it comes with some serious swag.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    24th to 28th of May

25k euro entry fee for the 4 nights (50th was 8k euro). Nothing older than Aventador. No rentals allowed.

The 50th was one of the best times of my life. But with this ridiculous new fee plus the outrageous post covid shipping fees, just signing up and shipping the car to Italy and back will cost me 100k.
    And I'll be forced to bring the Aventador which is much crappier for touring than my Diablos.
    No thanks.

silhouette likes this.
  5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I am doing this thing. Don't know how much shipping will cost and bringing my STO. It's a good looking event.

6. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    So in 2013, shipping the car by air to Italy cost me $23k return.

In 2018, for a Lambo Concourse, they had a special and it was $15k return.

And today I just got the shipping quotes for this time - $56k to Milan EACH WAY!!!! And get this, if I want it in Rome (where the Giro starts this time) it's $77k EACH WAY!!! They want $21k for transporting the car from Milan to Rome? W-T-F??????????

Then there's car insurance too.

So just shipping the car and the entry fee, I'll be out $200k, before I even get myself there. F# THAT!

7. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Crazy money!

8. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    You could poss buy a car in Europe,drive it in the event, poss another vacation run in Italy later on, then re sell it, probably loose a lot less than the cost of shipping and hassle. Yes not to mention hassle.

9. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    Plenty of Aventadors 12-13-14 mod year mid 200’and up. 15k miles. And up.

10. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Or buy a Countach, run it in the Countach Convoy from the UK to Italy which will cost you a fraction of the Giro cost, tour Europe in it and create memories, keep the car, and watch it appreciate.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  11. Downdraft1

Nov 13, 2008
    And it might rain for 3 days

12. Downdraft1

Nov 13, 2008
    Besides w/o 350/400, Islero, Espada, Jarama, Miura, Urraco, Silhouette, Countach, LM, Jalpa Diablo, Gallardo, Sesto Elemento & Murci, what kind of meeting will it be? At 100 meters, for me, it’s hard to tell an Avendator and Hurracan apart. Sure there will be a handful of Centernarios, Reventons and Siams but no real Lamborghini history - without the “banned models” these would have never existed. IMO.

Boomhauer and Rapallo like this.
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    ???

14. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    For sure. Even better

15. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was looking forward to the 60th since the 50th
    I also participated in the 40th as well as the 2001 factory event for the release of the Murcielago. What an absolute shame. Rejecting historic cars is astounding and completely disrespectful to the history of the great marque and those of us that have for years cherished and supported the brand and all it has stood for. Just unbelievable. Leaves a sour taste for the future

16. Possibly a knee jerk reaction to the luke warm welcoming of the new Countach. I remember when Audi bought Lamborghini, they stopped carrying any pre parts & distanced themselves. Later the polo stores opened up after seeing success with other manufactures like Mercedes. The past in their eyes, has nothing to do with the future. Don't invite the guy that took your girlfriend to your birthday party.

17. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Bizzarre brand management compare with Bentley and Porsche as part of VAG empire.

18. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    I just heard from a fellow Canadian Lambo owner that the Canadian 60th Giro is in June this year and will take place in Newfoundland. If anyone has more info please let us Canadians know!

19. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    You could ship it by sea, it takes much longer but will be a heck of a lot cheaper.

20. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    No Polo Storico stand at this year's Rétromobile show either...

I am hoping they continue the Lamborghini Concours d'Elegance which they held a couple of times pre-Covid, to respect the older models. No such signs unfortunately

21. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    simpen likes this.
  22. kuntatsch

kuntatsch Karting

Oct 2, 2008
    Hello,

the price IS 25.000 € + Taxes ..... :-/

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    PS are too busy sorting out their records so they can deny them to the owners of vintage Lamborghinis.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Quite right Joe. PS don’t wish to share records.

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This is a central issue which doesn't help with confidence in the brand as far as Lamborghini classics and vintage cars are concerned, and accordingly, IMEO it causes values to not reach their full potential. Put it this way, if the makers themselves do not have a supportive attitude towards the people who own their product, then these people will limit their involvement & exposure to the brand, and turn to other prestige brands who embrace the owners of classic & vintage cars.

Makes sense?

I suggest a delegation of owners gets together and goes to Sant Agata to let them know things need to change.