A little toy arrived today for some work(clutch) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

A little toy arrived today for some work(clutch)

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by tbakowsky, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Oops ... owner now knows what it feels like to be screwed over!

Pete

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    very cool, keep the pictures coming, i'ld like ot see the before and after!

What does a lambo clutch cost?

3. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Funny, the first time I saw a Countach in person, my thought was "Ah, I see why there are so many kit car replicas of these things - they're practically kit cars to begin with". :) Can't get past that look though and the sound of a V12, even if any number of 4 door sedans would leave it for dead these days.

I'd be curious to hear what the final tab is going to be. I've heard $7k+. In fact, I could swear that an aquaintance told me his shop has gone over $10k for a Countach clutch.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The engine has to come out to do the cluctch??? ouch!

Great pics - Thanks for sharing!

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    due to some flak recived by other members of the sight(the "is it propper for a mechanic to post pic of cars" thread) I will not be posting anymore pictures. But I will keep you updated with posts and maybe component only pic's. Sorry but I don't want to be in the middel of a battle of opinoins. I don't have the time or the engery for such banter.

Tom.

6. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey Tom, sorry about suggesting a photo essay. It's not every day we get to watch a Lambo overhaul and I thought everyone would like to follow along.
    Best regards and again sorry for all the grief!
    Bill

Maybe now we can get back to something really educational, like which models we like and dislike!

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    arggh, sorry to hear that. :(

8. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Man, this was so educational too. There are just too many weiners on this forum.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    True that. :(

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

SMS...this is not your fault at all!!. Please don't even entertain the thought.
    I wanted to post the pic's so everybody could see what it takes to do a clutch in a Lambo. But it seems nobody can do anything of interest on this site without being called out for it. Have a look at what happened to Mr.G's P4 restoration thread. That really pissed me off too no end. People seem to have a "better then you" attitude on this site lately and it's really getting annoying.

Tom.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Tom,

Lets start off now and say fnck them and keep posting pictures :D ... and Jim if you are reading this please keep posting pictures of the P4.

Don't let them knock all the fun and interest out of this site.

Pete

12. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    keep posting pictures 98% of the guys in the thread agree its no big deal. Some guys just got picked on too much in HS

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

what is happening here? the issues of people getting panties wadded or having this high and mighty attitude is getting absurd. the value of this site is when and where real information is exchanged...not my car is faster than yours. what a waste.

tom the clutch essay is important as is the p4 piece that jim is/was doing.
    what is happening here?

this site is in danger of getting far too diluted...too much fluff and too little substance.

tom , it is incmbant on you to continue on w/ your essay! thanks

peter

14. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i concur, as i stated in my PM to you about other things, i really enjoy seeing threads like this. thank you for your time and consideration to think of others on this site, when you could have kept on working. time is money for you as the mechanic, thank you and THANKS TO THE OWNER OF THE CAR WHOEVER YOU ARE for letting us see this. my sheepish opionion is that the " other" thread about pics " may" have been more towards the risks of theft or vandalism if the car is known to be " somewhere". also IMHO, the replies centered on this " risk " as bieng rubbish, just blank out the tag on the car ect. i really hope you continue on with the thread, thank you for the chance to learn and grow. michael

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

well put michael. from the gentleman from savanah!!

lovely city and i have also logged many a mile @roebling!

1:16's on my 750 superbike in my ccs days.

pcb

16. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

I totally agree with you. I just can't believe that anything is faster than an F40. Even if I were lucky enough to race an F40 against an Enzo and lost, I'd be looking for a loose plug wire after the race.

The F40 is by far the best of Ferrari.....

17. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Vincent, there was some law back in those days about needing a bumper on the Countach since there was not one placed on the car as built in Italy. I heard something about this law losing it's effectiveness, well, because motorcycles don't have bumpers. They are motor vehicles as well, so why don't they have a law requireing bumpers? I think it was dropped after that but some cars still have them mounted. Maybe they look better than open screwholes where the bumpers were but Iwould get them removed IMO.