A Modernized Classic - 503HP 1985 Ferrari 308GTSI QV NFF - $145K | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A Modernized Classic - 503HP 1985 Ferrari 308GTSI QV NFF - $145K

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by matt_in_ca, Apr 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Very cool build.

That engine would be hot with individual throttle bodies. Usability would go down, but the look/sound/performance would totally be worth it. :D

Clarence Cazimero likes this.
  2. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    WOW. Very impressive machine! Hope the sale goes well.

3. matt_in_ca

matt_in_ca Karting

Oct 27, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks David

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    490HP 430 two or three pedal with a good driver against a 500HP guesstimate of your output.....im still betting on the 430 and im no stranger to altering ferrari engines, theres nothing magical about your engine. Its pretty and im not denying there was a lot of money and effort spent but its just a 4L V8 NA 4 valve engine. I have a 675HP 3.5L indycar NA v8 sitting in my office that is nice for bragging rights but it wont be as streetable as a 430. The technology and engineering in the 430 as a car (and of a very similar weight) is what makes the difference.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    wow....what a build :) GLWS

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Love seeing someone have cajones to do ferrari restomod!

What kind of power does it make on 93 octane?

Awesome car and glws

7. matt_in_ca

matt_in_ca Karting

Oct 27, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #32 matt_in_ca, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the compliments.

According to Scott's calculations, on premium unleaded it tops out at 335.2 lb-ft torque @ 6500 RPM. I need to get the specific number from him on the HP, but for now, take a look at the attached curve that seems to show >480 HP @ 8250 RPM.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Take this as sound advice. You should dyno the engine for the engine's sake so you dont grenade it or worse, the buyer grenades it. Im surprised the builder didnt insist because if you pop it its your problem. No engine builder would warranty such an engine without testing to make sure its safe to spin to the redline you've determined. On a computer and in a car are two very different things and I can only assume its timed and fuelled on the conservative side (reducing power significantly from the simulation) so it didn't go defcon 4 the second time you drove it.

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    That is too cool!

10. matt_in_ca

matt_in_ca Karting

Oct 27, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm going to miss this car...

11. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This beauty deserves proper shoes & skins. HRE retro series in 18's. (Ferrari, of course) 10 inches wide in the back, 8.5 up front fitted underneath 288 GTO bodywork. Then she'd be ready for engine tuning, alignment, and DRIVING!!!

Just sayin.

12. matt_in_ca

matt_in_ca Karting

Oct 27, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hi,

Two updates to share on this car:

First, as several of you know, it was covered in the August 2017 issue of Forza Magazine. I'm attaching a copy of the article to this thread.

Second, while I had taken the car off the market for a bit, and then was holding firm to the price, a forthcoming move to a location without adequate parking is prompting me to push forward with the sale. While I plan to list it on Ebay in the next couple of weeks, I'm offering it to members here first. All reasonable offers considered. PM or contact me directly.

Best,
    Matt

Attached Files: