A note to my Australian Friends | Page 15 | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Um, no?

Yes I see him, no he's not doing an "awesome job." Unless your definition of awesome is pandering to the worst character traits in what I can only say are, "deplorables" within our society. I'm deep in Trump country here, 70% of the vote went for Trump in the election. And generally, I'd have to say they were duped. And they continue to be fooled by a guy who is genuinely dangerous, perhaps unhinged, and most certainly not doing an "Awesome job."

Now on the other hand, you should really try the Coca Cola onions, they are, in fact, awesome.

D

2. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Actually, it was more of an ANTIFA rally. Trump, and his anti-ANTIFA-ness, was the target. And the violent crowd tossed a couple water bottle at the cops, who responded with pepper spray bullets and tear gas.

The mayor had asked Trump to reschedule, Trump declined, and my guess is the mayor, given the warnings that were issued, told the cops, and the National Guard, "Do what you want." Given that as an instruction, they, "Did what they wanted" which was to disperse the crowd as violently as they thought they could get away with.

The whole thing is a giant cluster ****, on all sides. What started out as an anti skinhead, anti white supremacist protest in Charlottesville, has become a nationwide protest that has anarchy at its base, on BOTH sides. Neither wants to have a peaceful conversation, they all want to WIN, at all cost.

Reminds me of the late 60's, when peaceful protests became more and more violent, both against the war, and against segregation and racism. Read up on the Memphis trash strike in '68, and the March on Memphis, it broke Martin Luther King, Jr. He was killed a day later.

We are in for sad, painful, violent times.

D

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You better wake up to yourselves then, and support the only thing you have going for you at the moment..... Trump

4. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yep.
    Imagine if all this energy was spent positively instead of on an endless sook about the result of democracy.

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's quite incredible isn't it? Imagine how much more temp could get done if he didn't have to spend half his time correcting lies and looking over his shoulder. Mind you, it's not much better here, unfortunately. I really wish elected representatives were actually able to govern!

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Here's the thing.

Trump is dangerous. He's a pathological liar, as opposed to a conditional liar, as all leaders of countries are sometimes forced to be.

He panders to an audience who represent less than 30% of the voting public here.

He LIKES to lie.

He likes to play tin soldier, except he has nukes, a large standing army, and enough ships and planes to level anything he wants to.

He likes to play chicken. It's his operational business model, which doesn't work as the leader of the most powerful military nation in the world. In business, he's spent 40 years using the threat of a lawsuit to get what he wants, now he uses the threat of nuclear war to get his way.

Oh, and you guys are in the fallout zone, big time.

All POTUS's have giant egos, it comes with the territory, but his ego is grandiose, obscene, and he's likely going to take us places we all don't want to go.

Sure, we should just get on board his out of control crazy train.

Edmund Burke said,

"When the leaders choose to make themselves bidders at an auction of popularity, their talents, in the construction of the state, will be of no service. They will become flatterers instead of legislators; the instruments, not the guides, of the people."

So, sure, sit back, enjoy the ride and watch Trump and his minions do everything they can to destroy what the USA has spent 241 years building? Nah, I don't think so.

D

7. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #357 Steve355F1, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love the "less than 30% of the voting public" line.

A shame then that the alleged 70% + were too lazy and stupid to get off their fat asses and actually vote, isn't it?
    Maybe a little less time on social media and a little more time doing what actually counts might help their cause?
    Funny how they now have boundless energy to protest - violently - against the result but they couldn't make the effort when it mattered.
    Oh well.

Anyhow, not everyone seems to agree that everything has gone bad since the election.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

If the stock market is your ONLY measuring stick then sure he's great.

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Do you have even the simplest grasp of what happened in the last election? Do you understand the Electoral College that we use to get to the finish line?

Trump won the electoral college, but lost the popular vote by over 3,000,000. It's not the first time, and certainly won't be the last. About 60% of our voters turn out for a general election, I don't have the exact numbers for this election, but if the current polling is accurate, Trump's "Base" is about 30% of registered voters, maybe a little more or less. Who gets out the vote almost always makes the difference. Obama had a MACHINE that got out the vote, Clinton did not, Trump did. Game, set, match for Trump.

I'm getting the feeling that we could go round and round on this. Which I'm not interested in doing, so, take your shot. I'll give you the last word.

D

10. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Of course it's not.
    But I'm equally sure that if the stock market had tanked since the election you'd use it to bag Trump.

Look. Here's the thing, from my pont of view.
    I'm not a Trump fan as such. I thought Hillary would win, even though I can't stand her.
    I would probably have bet my left nut that she'd win, so I'm glad I didn't do that. :p

However, for the life of me I can't understand the logic of people who WANT Trump to fail.
    They actually want the most powerful person in the world to make a mess of it.
    That makes no sense at all. That would be bad for all of us, no matter where we live.
    So it seems to me that the smart thing to do would be to support him - of course criticise where necessary - but ultimately you should be helping him to be the best President possible, for everyone's sake.

Importantly, I don't think he's going anywhere. He's not going to quit (like every second idiot claims). I actually think he'll try to win a second term, and if the media class and the rest of the serial sooks don't wake up to themselves he's a good chance to get it.

11. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    One thing we should all be thankful for, is the Democrats of today were not in power in 1941

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

The Democrats of today, except for the likes of Bernie Sanders, are farther to the right than Roosevelt was. Roosevelt was EXTREMELY reluctant to get involved in WWII. It took an attack on our country to finally get him to mobilize against a terrible enemy.

And Harry Truman? Hell, he didn't even know we had an atomic bomb program until after Roosevelt died. He wasn't even Roosevelt's first, or second choice for VEEP, and kind of fell into it, but he dropped the big one, TWICE!

If Hillary Clinton had been POTUS in 1938, she would have been doing a hell of a lot more for the allies than a lend/lease program. She's a true hawk.

D

13. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Hillary Duff is more of a hawk than Hillary Clinton

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Trumps doing great. The anti Trump propaganda machine is a pathetic but effective weapon. The loser is the American people. They vote in a president and then hamstring him. Just a ridiculous waste of resources.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Clinton "back up you creep"...... God she's a bitter old hag.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

He's not hamstrung by anything but his own hubris.

He has a Republican majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives, his has a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, AND has at least a +10 margin in Republican governors.

What he can't seem to figure out is, "How to govern with a majority." That's no one's fault but his own. Even Obama managed to do that, as did Bill Clinton.

Oh, and when he does take a beat down, that's called, "Checks and balances" it's why we have three branches of government.

D

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well there's something we can agree on. :D

D

18. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    Can't stand Clinton - I think Trump is worse

Not unlike Australia

Disappointed with Turnbull - hate the prospect of Shorten being PM - absolutely hate it

Vote 1 for PP - and I am not talking same sex marriage

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Of course he is...you can't see it because you don't want to. He wastes more time fending off attacks based on fake news (love that terminology) than doing his job. If he was left alone to do what he was voted in to do, I expect that the results would be amazing and pleasing to everyone.

20. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He's a reality TV character that accidently got elected by morons :rolleyes:

I had "hoped " for something good but he is an idiot

21. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    This. It's hilarious watching the supporters get their knickers twisted complaining about "the media" blocking Trump's agenda when it's their own damn party and electees doing the job! Drain the swamp? What a joke!

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

There's no one forcing him to react to "fake news." If it's fake, ignore it and get on with the job.

If he'd do his job, people would leave him alone. He might even get some praise. Or he could simply get the job done ANYWAY. His is the blame game. Not his fault nothing is getting done.

Waaaa... I can't get anything done because CNN keeps putting out fake news. Waaaaa.. . I can't get anything done because of obstructionist Democrats, Waaa . . . my own party has folks in it who vote their conscience and screw up my agenda... Waaaaa . .. waaaa. waaa.... HE SOUNDS JUST LIKE YOU.

Waaaaa . . . If people left him alone he'd be really, really amazing, it would be really, really great. Horse poop.

If he was any good at the job, he'd get it done and ignore the static. Is he doing that?

Um, nope.

D

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

The frightening thing is, I have three or four good friends who voted for him, and they buy his line of crap. They log on to Breitbart, read that drivel, spout it back to me, and tell me how he'd be GREAT if he just was given the chance to lead.

He is an idiot, and he's up to no good.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't a Trump guy, working in the background, getting fed his speeches ahead of time and selling short or buying call options based on what he's about to regurgitate.

D

24. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Holy crap! You're being serious? I thought you were being sarcastic!

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John