A pair of Lambo 350GT’s go “under the knife” for restoration at Bobileff Motorcars | Page 5 | FerrariChat

A pair of Lambo 350GT’s go “under the knife” for restoration at Bobileff Motorcars

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by garybobileff, Feb 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I know exactly what you mean!!!!

However, what was it originally held together by, spit? A good weld can be stronger than the panel itself. We may have to keep you from watching the show "how stuff works" because you may never go in to a skyscraper again!

:) :)

2. RPMMarcus

RPMMarcus Karting

Feb 18, 2012
    ha ha ha ha ha, real italian spit, well at least now we know why they can rust so much. still i prefer a Lamborghini what was build in Italy instead of the USA

I never look at how its made or how stuff works otherwise i can't eat anything anymore and never go in a skyscraper again...!!!

one thing... its a joy to see how Bobileff Motorcars brings these 350's back to life and posts these interesting pictures in this thread.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You do realise that every metal car on this planet has welds all over the place holding it together don't you :)
    Pete

4. No_GTS_yet

No_GTS_yet Rookie

Dec 30, 2012
    Germany
    I wonder if anything will be left over except the VIN # :)

5. jjeffries

jjeffries Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2012
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    John Jeffries
    Odd comments from these two fellows about how much of the car is being replaced. Even in California, old Italian cars corrode; it's not like they were designed and built to last for 40+ years. And to fix them RIGHT, real and high-skilled work is involved...lots of it. Mr. Bobileff is kindly sharing is just the kind of high quality, no BS work required to properly cut out the ravages caused by corrosion and life's inevitable dents and dings. All of which requires at least double the skill when aluminum coachwork is involved...look at how wispy, cracked, corroded and work-hardened much of the body's periphery has become. Great to see the sheet metal brakes, English wheels, even hammers and dollies being used as intended: real equipment, real craftsman, real results, not some clinical lab designed to justify a high labor rate. The finished car will not only look excellent (many shops could do that), but will also have the high integrity under the skin thanks to this shop's abilities and ethos. John in CT.

6. No_GTS_yet

No_GTS_yet Rookie

Dec 30, 2012
    Germany
    Just in case so there is no misunderstanding regarding my post.

I am absolutely amazed by the quality/skills of Mr. Bobileff's Team and do not have any doubts about the final result. This work goes lightyears further than my own and very shoddy skills and I would never trust myself to even think about trying this on my own.

Very great work by a very great team and I hope that Mr. Bobileff allows us to follow further steps in bringing this car back to its deserved pristine condition.

7. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    the next step is to completely prepare the body for primer. that means hand scrubbing it down with various cleaners and chemicals.
    then the body is masked up, and completely painted with an epoxy primer to seal the body.

8. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Better than "new".

9. vanishingpoint

BANNED

Jul 22, 2014
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Rod Steel
    First let me say "Thank You"!, for taking the time & effort to allow us to experience vicariously the long lost art of craftsmanship & pride in one's work.
    Secondly, I appreciate the immense satisfaction you & your team must feel, being able to breathe life into a seemingly to many, "Pile of Rust". I applaud you & your fellow Craftsmen.

10. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I can appreciate the speed at which the work is done. This is important for some of us. I am quite reluctant to get work done sometimes because it take darn too long with the car just sitting there. One time, I had my car out for no less than 6 weeks for just a carb refurbishing.

11. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Gary,

Sorry if this is been asked before but, are these going to be your cars for sale, or are they customer cars?

Mike

12. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Customer cars
    Gary Bobileff

13. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    For anyone who is truly an enthusiast, Gary Bobileff's shop is a true Mecca. You should try to tour it, It's absolutely fascinating, the machinery, and the workmanship. For Italian exotics, in particularly rare Lamborghini, its what I imagine the preservation shops of the Louvre must be like.

14. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    +1

I love seeing Gary bringing these beauties back to their much deserved glory!

Mike

15. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #118 garybobileff, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Excellent work. I do wonder if something other than a steel rod should be used so that corrosion does not immediately start again ... ?
    Pete

17. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    We're doing it the "wrong" way, just as the metal men at Touring intended, and did it originally!
    Gary Bobileff

18. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Amazing how these cars are being saved, Bravo Gary, bravo!

19. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
  20. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    You guys are moving fast. Great work!

21. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R
    update please!

22. FerrariGuy1990

BANNED

Dec 22, 2014
    Do you have anything for sale I'm interested in any condition please email [email protected] if you have anything thanks!!!