A poll: ferrari fantasy or lambo lust? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A poll: ferrari fantasy or lambo lust?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scycle2020, Apr 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

which would buy ,a late model 360 spider vs an 03 murci coupe

1. 360 spider

2. murcielago coupe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    360 Spider . RWD , and somewhat light .

2. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Hey, this 1996 Caterpillar 980G also costs near $200K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58161&item=7508822034&rd=1

Perhaps we would also compare them, since their price is also in the same neighborhood.

This Cessna 340 is also in the same price range!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543239461&category=63678

Lesson: Just because they cost the same doesnt mean they are comparable. Under that theory you would be comparing a Nissan Pathfinder with a Toyota Avalon.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I liked this thread because its one of the few, comparing two used cars of equal price where I'd be happy with either :) (They use to be out of reach, but now as they break $200k more people are looking at them and making this comparison.)

I like the 360 spider in yellow or red (hard part would be to picking between the two colors?)

I love the Murci in yellow.

Open top vs power of Lambo.... I'm almost exactly 50/50 on this one.... and that's what makes it a interesting and successful read in my book :)

4. jim03

jim03 Karting

Mar 8, 2005
    Texas
    just get both, and also a gallardo and an enzo. yes, just have one of everything :D

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #30 Mark(study), Apr 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari vs Lambo threads were a lot more fun before Ferrari dropped out of head-to-head competition with Lambo in the mid 12 street exotic market
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin
    Besides the engine the whole coupe vs. spyder thing throws in a loop. Why not have the Stradale vs. Murci?

I'd take the Stradale, for the sound and feel of the car. It's also a lot easier to get in and out of.

7. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wasn't the Stradale only made for one year in very limited numbers?

The reason he picked the 360 spyder vs Murci is because they represent the two most desirable cars mass produced (for exotics) over the last 5 years.

And now that the next model is coming out, and the waiting list are gone. Lots of people that have watched and desired these two very popular exotic cars for the last 5 years ... are starting to think, it might even drop into my price bracket,... if so?...which is a better choice?

What a fun topic for a vote :)

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    After a being involved with these type of cars, youll soon find out there is no such thing as "better." I would take the 360 spider BY FAR, and I'm sure others will have the complete opposite opinion -- because everybody has different criteria. For example, I find a 550/575 MUCH more desirable than the TR series, but others find Ferrari's temporary 80's wild styling "better." There is no right/wrong, better/worse - only opinions.

9. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Agreed. I'd take the Murci, the 360:) But if I had to choose, give me the Lambo. More power and, IMO, looks better.

10. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin

I surprised myself and voted murci, many cause I'm not a big fan of the spyder with the top up. I agree that this is all subjective. I also feel that the Murci will hold it's value better. But ask me again another day and I might vote oppositely. :)
    I prefer the sound of the 360 w/ tubi though. Oh well can't have everything.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree.

P.S. Your Home-Page is really cool. Nice Work :)

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    as previouslly stated, both are exotic mid engine cars by the two major exotic car makers, same price range, but very different in other ways...however, i personally know several people and several people on this web site have sold one of these cars for the other...in fact, there was a recent post in f chat where a member was considering a 360 but then drove a murci and is reconsidering now.....so perhaps its not such a ridiculous comparison.....

13. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the 360 sounds great with a tubi!!! but have you heard a murci with a tubi???? blows away the 360....the ground shakes!!!!!

14. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin

scycle2020:
    I haven't had the chance to witness a Murci with a Tubi, I'm sure it would be amazing. One day I'll hear the growl ;), but for now I've only heard the silent version.

15. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Hmm, let's see. Do i buy a catepillar tractor or an exotic car? T88, i do not think they are comparable for entirely different reasons, having nothing to do with price, or where in the particular manfacturer's heirarchy they stand.

One is a small, tossable car- open top to boot, so you are going to get convertible lovers on that basis alone. But, it's no torque monster, and may be tiring to drive for days on end. The Murcie is a big ol GT with some of the outrageousness of that period that began with the Countach, and its counterpart, the 80's Testarossa. Ferrari doesn't make a comparable car, unless you consider the Enzo, or go find yourself a 512M.

Since 550's have now depreciated to well below the price point here, but 575's are probably in the same neighborhood, would you think that's a more apt comparison? Let's run that one. (Hint, my preference may be biased because i've owned 2 550's and couldn't see going for a third, or its interim variation, the 575, so i went out and bought a Lambo, but a 6.0 rather than a Murcie for reasons that are well-detailed elsewhere on this board). I do think the Murcie interior is a big disappointment, though, but that's ameliorated to some degree by tasteful two-tone leather combinations on the inside, and absolutely nutty colors on the outside!

16. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the stock murci is very silent, too much so...

17. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Kevallino,

That is a gorgeous 360 spider, It made me reconsider my Murci vote for a second.

Take off the Rossa-Corsa-tinted-glasses and lay off the crack pipe. Its a legit comparison, given that a few users have gone 360 to Murci, and one has gone Murci to 360 (Stradale, though).

18. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    I'd take the 200 grand and put it in an earlier Diablo AND a driver's 355 Spider....come to think of it, that's the next plan anyhoo :D

Any left over would be put in a trust fund for mods and maintenance.

19. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    thats good bang for your 200k....but would you get a drivers 355 or a passengers 355?

20. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Its a legit comparison for you, but not for me. Now what?

21. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Ferrari, Ferrari, Ferrari........

How many of you can guess that I would choose the Ferrari?

22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

I love that photo in your profile :) Do you have any more pics of red and black 328 together?

23. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    I agree, can't compare.
    I own a Murcie so my vote is not objective, the $200k 360 spider is grossly over priced at that point thow.
    Such an expensive sports car has to have some kind of performance which the 360 completly lacks, it's a passenger car soul trapped in a sports car body.

24. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon

Actually, the other 328 belongs to my buddy. His '89 US-spec 328 GTB is dark green (verde scuro metallico) and not black. Hard to see in the pic I guess...

The green and red cars parked in the driveway at Christmas time look like a Christmas ornament - or an ad for Gucci. It's sort of funny....

25. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Neither. If I were in the market for a newer series production exotic it would be a 550 or 575.