A poll: ferrari fantasy or lambo lust? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

A poll: ferrari fantasy or lambo lust?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scycle2020, Apr 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

which would buy ,a late model 360 spider vs an 03 murci coupe

1. 360 spider

2. murcielago coupe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    That's because, join me in unison now " 8 Cyl. Ferraris are really Dinos and the ONLY true Ferrari is a Twelve Cyl. Car." Ah, i feel better already. How bout you, FRank? ;)

2. evivo

evivo Rookie

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi everyone first time on your chat site and cannot resist a post on this subject. Had a year 2000 360 coupe purchased at sticker new and got rid of it for a new murcielago that I paid sticker for as well and did not regret. Totaled out the murcie after ownig it for 2 years sad deal I know and while waiting for a new Murcie I recieved my new 04 360 Spider triple black which I also paid sticker for and got rid of it as soon as I got my 04 Murcie. Sorry to say no comparison here people. Murcie Rules. Recently purchased a Marranelo and while I find it to be a better car than the 360's still no comparison to the Murcielago

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Those are two very different cars. - I would go with the Murcielago. It is more car than the 360. If you want to put the car on the track, I would opt for the 360. The Murcielago is also much more of an exotic than the 360. The 360 is also a common car in exotic circles. The contemporary mid engine 8 cyl 4RE's, do very well with their resale value. - As long as you stay on the top and continue to flip every few years.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    just drove my friends 550 this weekend.....nice car, but more of gt car...front engine , heavy and more of a daily driver, beautiful car but lacks the excitement of a 360 spider or murci, imo

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    good point ralph, but the 8cyl f cars only do well with resale if you can buy at list new or below list used...remember that some people paid over 250k for 36o spiders in 2001 and 2002, cars that are now going for 160-170k.....i suspect if you buy an 02 or 03 murci for around 200k, your depreiciation hit will be relatively small

6. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I am "not" being a smart a**. - Check that last sentence I wrote carefully. You have to stay at the top and continue to flip every few years. I should have offered a little more info. It would also include purchasing the car at MSRP. I suppose it would help; if you have a salesman that looks out for you ? No you cannot buy the 430 for 280/300, and flip it in two years. - That will never work.

A cherry 02/03 Murcie will not remain at 200K. The Murcie will continue to fall. It will begin to bottom out around 2012. You need to buy a 10 year old car; if you only want to pay just for the maintainance !!

Join us at the bottom of the fishtank !!!!!

7. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'd take an orange murcie over a 360 any day.

8. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I'll take an orange Gallardo over a 360 any day... where's my flame suit?

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This is a sort of silly question for a Ferrari board... i think your results would be way different if you posted this question on, let's say, a Supra forum, Porsche forum, Import forum, etcetera... Of course, it'd be completely different if you posted it on a Lamborghini forum...

...with that said, i'm with Kevin on this... Convertible is the way to go... i'd take the 360 Spider over the Murcielago anyday... :)

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    no one said you were a smart a..i agreed with your point, which was a good one...as for the murci resale, i hope you are right, what do you think the murci will drop to in 7 years???? if we say half of list, the it would be 140k, it would be a buy, i quess?? but then again, who knows what else will be out there in 7 years...you can put too much logic into exotic cars...after all they are about emotions, not logic....if we wanted logic, we would all be driving camarys

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    A smart man in Texas once said, "there is nothing more logical than a Toyota Corolla, white, no front plates, 5 speed only."

I agree with him. :)

Hey, Ralph, don't encourage the competition!!!!!

I thought Ferrari and Lambos were imports? :confused:

12. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    What's most interesting is though this is a Ferrari board, the Murcie is still in the lead on our poll!

13. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin

Yeah but so are Toyota's, Honda's, and Nissan's.

14. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    To add to that, the Murci is almost doubling up on the 360 spider!

15. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    SILENCE! Well have none of this sort of talk here! What that man really meant to say was "there is nothing more logical than building a 10 car garage with high ceilings and then building the rest of your house on top of that!"

:D :D :D :D

16. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thats because people think with their heads :)

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    BAH

18. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I disagree, passenger cars are reliable

19. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's because all the guys that were in college in the 80's and 90's dreamed that by 2005 ferrari would fix TR's 2 tiny flaws.

1) interior and dash (80's K-car)
    2) make the TR more affordable to drive more then 15,000 miles.

Well its 2005 and all those problems have been fixed, but its not made by Ferrari anymore :)

Only way to explain a Lambo winning a poll on Ferrarichat?

20. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    very perseptive point mark...you are very right!!! the murci is the 512tr made perfect and modernized!!!!

21. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

No. I just did not want to come around as offensive, with my remark: - to check the last sentence I wrote carefully. The Murcie will continue to drop in price. The car is also about to be updated. The Murcie will probably be in the 120 range +/- 10K, in about seven years. Then you will pay just for maintainance.

Agreed. - The best buy on the planet ? Buy a five year old Toyota Camry from an old lady. - OR A COROLLA for RYAN !!!

22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Spoken like a "true" turncoat !

23. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    Well spoken !
    And I do love the two tone steering wheel, never seen it before.

24. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I guess when people vote with their wallets its a bit different, no?