A380 up close and personal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A380 up close and personal

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by LouB747, Apr 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    So... Total neophyte questions but... We see several different angles of the A380. Were you hand flying the plane to get those different angles or? I have it in my head that in flying modern jets its kind of set it and forget it flying most of the time???

Awesome vids. Thanks for sharing.

2. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I couldn't help noticing the break in the line of the outboard leading edge. Joe Sutters flutter fix. Two degree drop in the front spar from the outboard strut, two degree upward break in the rear spar to put some twist in the outboard wing. A view along the trailing edge looking inboard will display it.

3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Amazing video, Lou. Thanks for sharing!

4. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    That is awesome.

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Thanks Bob... I noticed that and wondered why it was 'drooped'.
    Great info.

Glad you're on this site.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Me too. I think that I mentioned it before when I had to do some explanatory layouts when the tip device installation was in work. Many thought that the wing chord plane was flat at the tip and we had to make a drawing to show that it had a negative incidence that had to be taken out with the tip extension.

7. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    No, the autopilot was on. I did use the "heading" mode in order to move a little right. You are allowed to deviation up to 2 miles right of track over the Pacific for wake turbulence avoidance. No ATC clearance is required. I also adjusted the speed as necessary. Hand flying is prohibited in RVSM airspace (typically above 29,000)

Lou