ABS Pressure pump MOD | FerrariChat

ABS Pressure pump MOD

Discussion in '348/355' started by User-C3, Jun 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    After a lot of research and figuring I found the Jaguar XJ6 and XJ12 used damn near identical pumps to the Ferrari unit. Used Ferrari unit cheapest I have found is $1000 ebay. Most in the $1200 range and from Ricambi $1600. The jaguar units can be had in really nice condition for $200 and less so I figured at least I could use the pressure switch and accumulator if need be.
    2 main differences between the two pumps. 1. accumulator ball is on the opposite side as the Ferrari one is. Brake line fitting and accumulator are switched. 2. the brake line fitting is larger than the Ferrari one so the factory soft line that bolts into the pump cant be used.

I had a new soft line made with a larger banjo fitting to adapt from the Ferrari hard line to the larger banjo bolt on the jaguar pump. cost $36
    I then made an adapter bracket to turn the pump around 180 degrees and lay it over on its side to get under the factory closeout paneling. The only other thing I had to do was extend the feed line from the brake fluid reservoir to the pump. This uses the factory bracket for the pump, and both plugs to the electric motor and pressure switch are plug and play.

Total cost $236 and if anything ever happens again replace the entire pump assembly for $200. Everything is reversible and only thing needed to do is switch out the soft line to return it to a factory part numbered pump if the "purists" have an issue for resale.

Also note all the parts off the jag unit are plug and play with the Ferrari pump assembly, pressure switch, accumulator, electric motor. If your pump assembly is still good but the electric motor is shot, that bolts right up to the factory Ferrari pump. Hopefully this may help some others in the future.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

QSA and Qavion like this.
  2. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Following

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk