Abu Dhabi GP: Race | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Abu Dhabi GP: Race

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I completely agree, damn thing put me to sleep & I was really looking forward to this race. The last thin I remember was the sun setting & thinking how much of a problem that would be driving into it. Only the last 10 laps were interesting for me. I missed what ever happened to Hamilton.

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Not sure what you were watching, but that was a procession. Typical modern POS facility that is not about racing.

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I think you're correct!! much admiration for this young guy who is his own manager (very savy in the business world as well) - I must say I hope he is the DC in 2010 and RB goes with Mercedes engines. Mark did an exceptional job today and what an inspiration to everyone when the "chips" are definitely against you - adheres to the saying "don't give up, don't ever give up"....hoping his upcoming surgery is totally successful.

Carol

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congrats to Buemi for saving the Ferrari honor!

And congrats to myself for winning another race supply of beer. :)

5. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It was a great race! With great results! Your just upset because Hambone tanked. :D

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

I think the circuits is definitely nice. But the ways the cars are built, aero-wise, definitely does not promotes overtaking. But for me, this race was wayy better than racing at valencia and SIngapore.

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    With Koby doing so well, it really shows how much development-wise Ferrari are left behind.

8. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

I've seen little league baseball games that were more interesting and far more entertaining.

The track looked like a big parking lot that was painted over. Very sterile and uninspired (pretty much like any modern day track). At least the pit exit was interesting. Pit babes looked like Lufthansa airline stewardesses from the 70s.

That's where my critique will end since whatever else I have to say would probably be more appropriate in P&R.

9. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I agree. I am really not fond of the Pit out tunnel! If a car is on fire, the corner workers will be caught in an oven.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    +1

Looks like next season will be even more boring with no refueling in the pit stops the only passing will be if a car goes off track:(

11. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Sitting here reflecting on this race and others and looking forward to 2010 and have decided I really need to find some magic genie potion that definitely inhibits aging (since I'm looking forward to 2010), removes wrinkles and fat all at the same time!! Suggestions appreciated.

It's been enjoyable chatting (even despite many differences of opinions) with you guys and Isobel this season....until Bahrain...

Carol

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Boring well blame Bernie, blame the oil wells and most of all blame Mosley for years of messing with the rules still not getting it right.

The drivers drive on what's served up.

13. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    x 1,000,000!!!!!!!

14. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Thanks Carol and I feel the same way. I appreciate everyone's opinion and posts on F1 news. It has made the season far more interesting to watch and I've had more than a fair share of laughs from some of the posts. Thanks to all.

15. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Got that right.
    With the season in the bag and nothing to prove he still raced hard. The lad showed me something today.

16. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    It was boring at large parts, but would it have been any better at one of the traditional courses? Hungary???

17. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If we could have had 55 laps like the last lap with Button and Webber it would have been a very good race. Unfortunately, it was quite dull.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was entertaining at times. Yet again I was stunned by Kobayashi, I think he's in for next year (teams will be CRAZY not too).

Vettel drove brilliant, setting the fastest lap with 2 laps to go was totally unnececary but that's what I like about him:). The button/webber battle was pretty good.

I think It's a stunning track, needs more gravel to make it look like a real race track but as of next year the palm trees will be bigger.

If the rules are proper for next year we may actually see some more overtaking than this year...if so we're in for a treat next year as overtaking is definitely possible on this track.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

I'm yelling KOBAYASHI (SNL spoof style) every time he does something cool like passing WDC Button, hahaha!

Hopefully he energized the Japanese fans enough to get the Toyota board members convinced to carry on.

So true.

Yes it looked like a sterile parking lot, but a) give the trees some time to grow and hopefully b) some of that painted concrete can be turned into grass or gravel.

We see that nowadays at many new tracks: The run off areas slow down the cars and keep them in the race, but they look like crap. The track starts to look more like an airport runway than a proper roadcourse with greens and bunkers.

20. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Ferrari should have at least improved the car enough to squeak by with 3rd. A supermotivated, err make that even somewhat motivated Kimi could have pushed the car through, but as it is, both Kimi and the team gave up early on this season, such a shame.

If Button would push as hard as he did the last 2 races for the entire season, I'd have much more respect for him. The true test of Button will be starting the year without a vastly superior car.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't see Button win another WDC, but he did exactly what he was supposed to do after his dominant start to the season: Carry points home without taking any risks.

It was a very Prost like championship strategy. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

22. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    But hasnt he already been doing that for the last nine years?

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The next season cant start soon enough!! Thanks to all here. Today was ok. Id rather this circuit than Singapore or Valenica.

They better bring back Montreal and Silverstone. Have a great off-season!

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I just read a report on the post race press conference. It seemed Button was a little upset by the constant remarks made by Vettel an Webber about his possible wedding plans. For those who saw it: was it all in jest or was he really po'd?

Further both Vettel and Button said next year's cars won't be much different from this year, except the fuel tank. Are they underestimating the consequences of the refueling ban? They think their cars will be competitive again and don't think that Ferrari would gain much from their development stop on the F60. I think they might be mistaken about that.