ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING ***SPOILER*** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes had the same feelings. Astonishing disappoint lol

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Merc played their game to win. Ferrari - who knows what they play at all.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If the last two days are a picture of the state of the Ferrari F1 effort, they should withdraw from the sport.

4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Piero LARDI... Ferrari. Don't fall for the Ferrari revisionists. He is NO Ferrari.

5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Whilst i agree with your point, i dont want Vettel to be in a Ferrari in 2020 purely for the reason i think he has now become toxic and disruptive. Add that to Italian temperament and you end up with chaos.

However where i differ from your POV, it is not up to SV to manage CL race, thats his race engineers responsibility and CL could have been much closer to SV in the final stint than hanging back. He has enough experience to manage his race and should have gone past SV. Sitting in the car and whingeing that he "slowed down to much" is a feeble excuse and one wonders if it wasnt done on purpose especially when he knew he was in the best grid position anyway.

Mind games goes both ways

Best

Tony

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

This seems to show a lack of understanding of F1 aerodynamics. Yep, CL could have closed up on Vettel and the result would have been a very slow lap for him or running into Vettel under braking due to lack of down force, being in Vettel's turbulence. And he certainly would have been able to pass Vettel and take the pole at the same time.

If you watched the final lap all the car kept about the same separation because it is necessary if you going to be is clear air.

7. First two sentences, all right......

The third? How "are" F1 fans blind? Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I've been a fan nigh on 60 years and I just need "readers". Image Unavailable, Please Login

Please elaborate. :)

8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That's a rather brazen faced statement.....do you?

He (CL) knew full well as he left the pits he was running out of time

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #61 johnk..., Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Yes.

Not necessarily the details of the flow through the diffusers and over the winds and such, but well enough to understand the effect thay will creat behind the car and how that will effect one following.

To clarify, graduated Penn State in '73 with advanced degree in ME. Spend 20 years developing and applying computational fluid dynamics codes. Co-founded company specializing in such. Many publications in the field.

And I put "seems" in italics so as not to be taken as offending.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Just wait for the race results !

11. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Well it was offensive as you know zero about me.
    Perhaps they should consult you on how to make the races less boring, my answer would have been to tell CL to speed up or he will miss out. The simple things are the best!
    To clarify - Commonsense:)
    Tony