AC Compressor Source? – 612/575/550/456 | FerrariChat

AC Compressor Source? – 612/575/550/456

Discussion in '612/599' started by rynoshark, Aug 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Does anyone have a source for a new or rebuilt AC compressor for a 612? Mine died and can't be rebuilt so need to find a new one.

2. Fcar dreams

Fcar dreams Karting

Mar 25, 2021
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Peter G
    Hi Rynoshark I had the exact same issue. So bought a recon unit from Poland https://www.compressor-express.com
    The website feels really dodgy, a guy in London picks up if you call them and says “hello” in a suspicious manner. Anyhow the correct case turned up with a very average rebuild so both compressors were then sent to a trusted rebuilder in Warwick uk, Compressor tech they made one good one out of the two to Ferrari spec. Still working 3000 miles later. I’ll get you the main guys name when back at my desk 30 aug. Cheers Peter.

rynoshark likes this.
  3. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Can search for a Harrison (Delphi) V5 series. The specific model number is 015144, but this relates to the specifics of the clutch type, pulley size etc, so maybe you could get a core form any Delphi V5 series?

Or... these guys have a complete rebuilt unit in stock ready to go for £449. Seems a good deal to me.

https://www.compressor-express.co.uk/a-ac_compressor-x-delphi-harrison-x-v5/ferrari-01-v5-pv6

N.B. - AC compressors are the same part for 456, 550, 575 and 612.

4. Fcar dreams

Fcar dreams Karting

Mar 25, 2021
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Peter G
    The compressor express guys are the guys I used. Their rebuild is just about ok but I had a uk company make a really good one out of the compressor express one and my old FUBAR one. Cheers Peter

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I just had the same A/C compressor problem and currently have the 612 OTO in LA Ferrari for service including belts and miscellaneous stuff. The service manager said that a new A/C was $5k+ so he is having my compressor rebuilt. i haven't picked it up yet so I will have to see how the rebuilt A/C works.

6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

rynoshark likes this.
  7. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks guys, will check these leads out. I may try the approach of buying one that works/rebuilt with unknown origins and having a proper rebuild done. Compressor-Express does not have any in stock.

Hopefully as the 456/612/550/575 age and this becomes a more common problem that rebuild parts will become more common for everyone.

8. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I normally stock those Ryan but I am waiting on 2 coming back from rebuilders. Rebuild time is usually 7 days if you can get it to me. I know you normally work with Josh and he likely has the same options.

rynoshark likes this.
  9. LarryBrophy

LarryBrophy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Ireland
    My compressor is also on its way out so I just ordered from these guys. Should ship tomorrow.

Fcar dreams likes this.
  10. Fcar dreams

Fcar dreams Karting

Mar 25, 2021
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Peter G
    Hi Larry, don’t forget to send it to a trusted uk based rebuilder for re work / checking before fitting✔️

FIN612 likes this.
  11. LarryBrophy

LarryBrophy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Ireland
    It's been shipped to Ireland, I'll have my mechanic check it before he installs it. Thanks.

12. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks Mark! I finally found a spare and will send out my original for repair, so hopefully, I am now set and will have working AC again.

13. scottmc

scottmc Rookie

Aug 16, 2020
    sunnyvale, ca
    Full Name:
    scott mcclean
    Anyone have a suggestion for a US based source? I found a place called Cool Air Parts in Texas that has units in stock but I don’t know anything about them.

14. Fcar dreams

Fcar dreams Karting

Mar 25, 2021
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Peter G
    I mailed cool air parts 6 months ago, the owner responded but did not have any 612 compressors or bodies on the shelf at the time.

15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    One option would be get a used one and have it rebuilt. Then you can swap and repeat. There are several salvage yards that have exotics.

Of course there are many places to rebuild them too.

16. scottmc

scottmc Rookie

Aug 16, 2020
    sunnyvale, ca
    Full Name:
    scott mcclean
    Thanks for all of the ideas. My mechanic found one and will be installing soon.