430 - Accidentally bought a 430 transaxle, is it stick or F1? | FerrariChat

430 Accidentally bought a 430 transaxle, is it stick or F1?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ds1, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ds1

Ds1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    I bought this transaxle along with a Maserati/Ferrari f-136 motor thinking it was a Maserati transaxle not looking at it too hard... It turns out, from what I can tell it's a 430 transaxel.

Is there a way to tell if it was set up for a 6-speed manual, or F1 car? I'm assuming it's the same transaxle with different parts on it.

Lastly, it has been open for an indefinite amount of time, and it has some rust and things on it. I have a 360 so I can't use it as a spare, and I don't need it for any other projects... Any idea what this is worth?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Without the control plate on the side, the only way to tell (I think) would be to check what material the seals are in the slave cylinder.

If they’re black, then they’re EPDM and would suit a manual car. Brown seals are most likely viton and would be for a cambiocorsa car.

Edited to add- I see that the slave cylinder isn’t there, but maybe there are some o-rings connecting to the slave cylinder flange?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    #3 Danedingerson, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2021