Adding a trunk-lid tricolore | FerrariChat

Adding a trunk-lid tricolore

Discussion in '612/599' started by LWR550, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    The idea of keeping any car, but particularly a Ferrari, original seems like the right thing to do. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't even like to upgrade the stereo, no matter how bad it might be.

On the modern Ferraris, current gen and current gen-1, I believe there is an option to add a tricolore badge to the trunk-lid, that runs above and parallel to the Ferrari script.

I think this looks fantastic and if I was ordering new, I would tick that box.

What are people's thoughts on adding something like this to a 599?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-TRICOLORE-ITALIAN-FLAG-BADGE-308-328-348-355-430-360-550-512-456-458-TR/324030835847?hash=item4b71be2c87:g:JIYAAOSwNcZZcwzE

Sacrilege? Or a tasteful addition in keeping with the vehicle?

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Personally I wouldn't add it, but it looks fine. If you like it then go for it.

randkin likes this.
  3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    When I was a kid and had more or less "junk" cars, I did all sorts of squirrelly things to my cars, "to make them look better”. Well when the bar is pretty low it didn't take so much to raise it. Now that I have much better cars I am not inclined to try “to make them look better” with after market stuff. Just one opinion I could be wrong.

4. gsholz

gsholz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    When I bought my car it had several stickers I did not care for. I was wondering if there was some damage underneath. I offered a bit less because of the unknown. Once the car was mine, I removed the stickers without any problem - 10 minutes with a hair dryer and polish. If you like the look, go for it but I'd remove them before you sell the car.

5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Like the eBay ad illustrates, it is a matter of taste. IMHO, the trip-color bar looks best when it is near the script rather than hanging out there like a sore thumb far away from the script. To each his own.