Additives...Fuel, Oil, Water For C4 ??? | FerrariChat

Additives...Fuel, Oil, Water For C4 ???

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by garymon, Dec 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garymon

garymon Rookie

Sep 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gary A. Monetti
    Hi All,
    I am a new owner of a 1972 365 GTC/4.
    I was wondering if there are any additives that are helpful for the Colombo motor ?
    I will start by saying that I have never been a big fan of additives.
    I have a 1967 E-Type and the only thing I have ever used in it is a lead substitute to prevent valve seat recession. I have also used an octane boost when I add ethanol-free gas, which is just 89 octane.
    Thanks for your advice in advance.
    I have attatched a photo of the car for fun.
    Best,
    Gary
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Nice looking car.
    I will also be interested in what people say with regard to additives.
    The UK has moved from 95 RON (90 RON/MON) e5 to e10. So, 5% ethanol to 10% ethanol. Suppliers are supposed to have a premium option on the forecourts (96-99 RON octane - e5) but I'm my rural part of the world, few have complied. Therefore I have extra interest in additives that counter-effect ethanol's hydroscopic properties. Do they work? How often should you add them ?

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I've run the Ethomix by Frost in the Daytona on and off for years in the Daytona, particularly if I have taken the car on extended road trips to France where I'm using less familiar fuel brands.. It's quite difficult to tell if there are any tangible benefits but I've not had any issues with the problems associated with Ethanol in fuel so far.

635CSI likes this.
  4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Leave the various oils alone. A C4 is not really a high compression engine. The 91 we have works fine. If you are in the USA do not let it sit long with a lot of fuel in it. It does not take long to go bad. Better to need to get fuel each time the car is used.

5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Gary: check your private messages.