Advice needed: Finishing touches on 308GT4 under bonnet area | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Advice needed: Finishing touches on 308GT4 under bonnet area

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ian Bishop, Sep 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Completed the radiator foam! Found the correct shaped foam (right angled trapezoidal cross-section) at ItalianCarParts.com and discovered on the dry run that the thin edge slips nicely into a metal lip that runs along the whole leading edge of the bonnet sheet metal adjacent to the louvres, and then 'clips' into the cut outs on the louvre frame. Made it surprisingly easy to figure out the correct way round the foam goes and affix it (used a 3M adhesive). Once installed is hidden nicely from overhead view, and the large front edge forms the air dam as required. Certainly reinforces the value of finding the correct right angled trapezoidal foam.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    nice got mine from GTcarparts

3. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Anyone know where you can get it in the UK/Europe?

4. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Patrick, I would certainly contact Superperformance in the UK - they likely do. Otherwise, try the two US suppliers mentioned above - I would expect they ship anywhere. It's a very light item.

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Or dinoparts. de

6. antoninosavoca

antoninosavoca Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2011
    Montesilvano Italy
    Full Name:
    antonino savoca
    Hi Ian,
    my 1978 euro gt 4 does not have ispection brake oil cap, I am interesting to have it ,please if you or someone reproduce it , let me know .
    Thank you v. m.
    best regards
    Antonino (Italy)

7. hrlevy

hrlevy Karting

May 3, 2005
    upstate NY
    Full Name:
    Howard R. Levy
    Did anyone ever find a source for 40086100??