Advice on London trip | FerrariChat

Advice on London trip

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by spyderman33, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I am travelling to London in 9 days and wanted to see if you UK locals could provide some assistance in suggesting where I should stay..

thanks guys!

Julian

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Are you looking to stay actually in London, or are you doing a bit of a tour?

3. spyderman33

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I'm actually travelling for business so I need to be in London on certain dates.. after that I am wide open so any suggestions of where to go and what to see would be great.

Is Kensington/Knightsbridge area nice to stay in?

4. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Kensington and Knightsbridge are some of the best areas to stay in London. Right in the centre, near to lots of car showrooms and last time i was in Knightsbridge a Murcielago was parked up. :) Not the cheapest place in London but the best.

Also consider around the Strand area (Savoy etc), Park Lane (just round the corner from Knightbridge).

Lots of shopping in Knightsbridge with Harvey Nichols, Harrods etc as well :)

5. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Could you give some details

1) Do you have budget or type of hotel you'd like to stay in London
    2) What days are free, some before, some after
    3) What sort of things would you like to do with your spare time

It's Easter so that may have an effect on things

6. spyderman33

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Well, I guess deep down we all have a budget... I want a nice place but don't want to seriously break the bank..

I am free 11-13 and then from the 16-17..

well, we like to walk around and sightsee, take in the city.. We definitely would like to see theater so any recommendations would be great.. Also, I know London has a ton of museums so if I could get the top ones to go to, that would be beneficial as well.

Thanks!