News

Advice on moving to Miami

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Nincompoop, May 21, 2020 at 8:54 PM.

1. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Rookie

Feb 9, 2017
    Hey guys, hopefully you all can help. I am thinking of moving to Miami just to experience what Miami has to offer. I am a 38 yo single professional male. I will have two cars, including my Ferrari (F8) when it arrives next year. I’ve solely researched places using trulia/Zillow. I’ve been to south beach and downtown and liked it.

My issue is I haven’t found anything that I feel can safely accommodate two cars, especially one being a Ferrari. Does anyone have personal experience or advice on
    1. which neighborhoods
    2. which condos/buildings
    3. if owning a Ferrari and parking it in a condo parking is even a good idea?
    Thanks

2. mmyhorses

mmyhorses Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Coral Gables, FL - USA
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Hi. Look for a two bedroom in the Asia building in Brickell Key. That’s the best building in the area l, with very high security standards and a place where your Ferrari will be in good company. Prices have come down a lot there lately so good timing.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    "
    Advice on moving to Miami"

Don't do it.

BMW.SauberF1Team, BT and EastMemphis like this.
  4. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Rookie

Feb 9, 2017
    Mmyhorses: thank you for your recommendation, I’ll definitely look into it.

Ianjoub: Lol admittedly I do have strong reservations.

Ianjoub likes this.
  5. BT

BT F1 World Champ

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think you will love it. I was born and raised in Miami and could never move back there, but for your situation it will be a great experience.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You're probably better off moving to someplace a bit further north, like Palm Beach County. Still plenty of Ferrari activity.

7. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ezio
    I love Miami, I relocated to Florida & I'm living in Boca Raton now, its a great area part of Palm Beach County. Miami is great as well, you can definitely find a place to accommodate your cars! Theres one building in Sunny Isles approx. 30 Minutes from South Beach, Ocean front Condo building. You can take your cars up with you to your condo with the elevator. its known as " The Porsche Design Tower ". Such a cool building! I have a client I am working with right now relocating from NY. he has a few exotic cars and is considering purchasing in this building. If you'd like to discuss more, send me a message. I can definitely help you with your searches and share my thoughts.

8. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    My company used to have an office in the Four Seasons building downtown and I can tell you that the residents floors of the parking garage were absolutely full of Ferraris and other exotics tucked up under car covers. I assumed that they were largely vacation homes for wealthy Latin American and other people, but it was quite a spectacle.

https://www.kdprimeproperties.com/four-seasons-residences-brickell/

9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    As someone who lived in Miami for many years, I have two words of advice for you:

LEARN SPANISH.

10. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ezio
    In my opinion, Brickell is a very cool area, lots of modern concept buildings that went up. Only problem with Brickell is that there’s so many units for sale and it’s extremely over valued! Not to many units are selling in that area because of the over supply there is. Very unfortunate for the buyers who paid top dollar for their new construction units before they were built, and now can’t even sell them for the money they paid.

11. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    Let's launder some money Miami style.

12. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Back in the day I used to rent a winter home in Delray Beach, FL and loved it! I wasn't too far from Boca and West Palm Beach however I never liked Miami, have you spent much time in Miami? If not rent a short term place for 3 months to try it out.

13. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ezio
    I’m in!

14. eziotestarossa

eziotestarossa Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ezio
    Delray is a great area! Great idea to rent before purchasing.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Rossa Subscribed

I spent time with miami and the bay. Miami is the best city ever to me. Sadly car culture is all show off: no good roads, bad traffic... we lived in a beautiful condo in brickell..hard to park etc... if u looking for a hot girl yes by all means but to drive... nah... insurance rate will go
    Up and ppl drive like crazy;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk