News

Advice requested - Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Nopsled, Oct 17, 2020 at 9:44 PM.

1. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Saturday
    Full Name:
    Abby
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Karting

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    I don’t know what a good price in the US is but I’d definitely check out the rotors with that mileage.

Remember they should be smooth as glass when you run your finger nail against them.

If not get them weighed. Otherwise these cars are pretty solid

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc, Nopsled and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Gorgeous Cali T! Love TDF Blue and that Interior with Daytona's!
    Not sure why Carfax shows for sale at 21xxxx Miles and add says 31xxx Miles?
    Price seems reasonable, although if 31K is higher mileage for the average 2016 Cali T. See if the Dealer will add the Power Warranty for 24 months.
    I believe you will love it.

5. vjd3

vjd3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looks good to me! Go for it.

Nopsled likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2019
    Copenhagen
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Seems pretty solid. The T's usually have not been driven hard, so there's definitely a good chance that the rotors are fine. Check and see how much brake pad is left. If less than 6mm of material, ask for a new set of pads as part of the deal. That will often fly as it's a win for both you and the dealer. They get the pads cheap all things considered so they aren't out a lot on that, and yet it is a good deal for you as you save what amounts to pads and the work included FAVT. They lose a little, you save a lot. Good deal all around.

Ask for all the small stuff. Get new wipers as well, get an allignment in the deal, perhaps a set of floor mats if the old are tired.

You rarely can knock a lot off the price, but get all the small stuff which adds up.

All in all it is very nice. Very simar to an 812 I had the wonderful pleasure of dating briefly. Blu Le Mans w. Beige Tradizione. A wonderful combination, especially with silver wheels.

Speaking of which.. How are the tyres on that car doing? Get a set of MPS4S as part of the deal:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nopsled likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Saturday
    Full Name:
    Abby
    Thank you very much for the pro tip! much appreciated

9. Nopsled

Nopsled Rookie

Saturday
    Full Name:
    Abby
    Wow - this is a great list! Will certainly try to push for all of this, I'll report back and let you all know how my journey goes :) - all the help here is very appreciated, thank you!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Make sure to do your due diligence though - pre-purchase inspection, or go down and test drive it and look it over.
    T

Nopsled likes this.