Advise on Marketing stratagy. | FerrariChat

Advise on Marketing stratagy.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Ok, I'am going to target 50 selected (hopefully future) clients.
    Just trying to figure out what would be the best way to get them to pay attention to my companies name instead of others. All I need is to grab there attention so they give me a call. Once a have a meeting setup there is no issue of getting them to use my company.
    (Also it is very hard to just walk in and present yourself, and try to get them to sit down and talk with you.)

So one of the ideas I had was to have some nice custom flyers made again with a letter talking about the company. Then the following few weeks just keep a steady flow of brochures and flyers sent to them?

So this would create them seeing the name over and over.(hopefully not to annoy them thow) Just enough to say hey lets call.

Any advise from any would be great! Or if someone has a better idea that would be awsome too.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I don't have any experienced knowledge to help you in this department. But it seems like you are targeting a very small audience. You say 50 customers. So those projected 50 customers - who are they? what do they like? and most of all, what do they not like? Do these prospective customers read all of their mail, or keep a flyer around? Or would they have a magnetic item on their fridge to keep around?

Those are the only thoughts I can help out with at the moment. Personally, depending on how creative the brochure/sheet/flyer would be, would depend on if I'd read it or even keep it.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Its virtually impossible to say without knowing what it is you're selling, but you need to decide the % you are willing to spend on marketing to these folks.

For example, if they are worth, say, $100k in future business, and you expect 1 in 50 to reply, and you are putting 5% into marketing, that means you will get $100k from marketing to these 50, of which $5k you are spending to market to these 50. In other words, that would be $100 each.

Then just maximize the $$$ you have to spend on them. If $100 was the number, then in my industry I would send them something of high perceived value. It must also be relevant to your audience and not tacky. If you were selling electronics parts, maybe an electronics-related product might be nice, etc, etc.

I wouldn't think a steady stream of marketing copy is going to get them to call you - probably just piss them off. Maybe send a couple of highly-targeted mailings, followed up by a lukewarm phone call. Don't cold call - at least get info on their company and the managers names before you waste their time trying to telemarket to them.

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    A little more info - Ok, I own a lighting and sound company, every year High schools in Southern Ca. Have events called airbands(which is when students sing and dancing to a song) Anyways they pay companies to bring in lighting and sound for them. Well the only deal is the major players who are the best of the best dont care to waste there time on something like this. So its left to the wanna-be's who dont know anything and over charge. My company can compete with the major players I just have not been around long enough to pull strings like they can. So I have the gear to blow the wanna-be's out of the water and I give a far price.

The only thing is Schools have been in bed with this small Dj companies so long they just stay and never realize how much more they can get for there money. (just stuburn)

So that is why Im trying to get there attention some how?

5. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    You need to find who is in charge of the money, and cater to them. With as budget conscious as the schools are, its probably a matter of being the lowest bidder. Maybe find out who is in charge of the drama dept at your targets and offer your services to them (free or at a greatly reduced rate) for a play or something to get your foot in the door.

Ed

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Since you are working with the school system and all of them probably talk, you should do one or two jobs for free. Make sure you kiss alot of butt to get your name out there. Ask the people that you are doing the free job for to tell their friends that manage other schools. I think this will snowball. Anytime a school can save money with a good service (especially now), they should use you.