After 2 hours with my new F40 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

After 2 hours with my new F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Steve, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    I've got these same images in higher res. I'll upload a few of them to a folder on my server if anyone wants them for desktops.

2. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Small world! I knew they were delivering a 575 to the PDX area from SB. I was born and partially grew up in Australia, but I went to Parkrose High School so I know your kneck of the woods very well! In fact, my wife and I got married in the precise Portland suburb you live in.

I wish I could have seen your car! You are right - Cornell was a hoot! They deliver a lot of cars for some uber-collectors up here, so I knew they could be trusted. I think their prices were very reasonable, too!

3. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Steve,

First congratulations on what is a truly awesome car. Enjoy it! I also really enjoyed it when you said “I didn't get rid of any of the other Ferraris. That's not a popular move with "The Wife(tm)" - but I think she's getting used to it. I asked her what she thought of it, and her reply was "I think it looks like all the others." Hahaha... silly girl. :)”

I suffer from a similar problem. She says that she doesn’t understand what the big deal is with the car and my 355 with the top down “messes up her hair”. With your permission I would like to use your response “Hahaha... silly girl. :)”

PS – So when are you bringing it down to Dallas?

Nick

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thank you

5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Hehehe... by all means!

Some wives just don't get the Ferrari "thing." The closest thing for them are shoes, or better... purses! I don't see WHY she needs more than one purse, and she doesn't see why I need more than one Ferrari!

And in both cases, I guess if you have to ask, you'll never understand and trying to explain is an exercise in futility :)

6. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    #81 ferrari_kid, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hope you don't mind Steve, but i was curious what car you were using when you pulled this? i figured it was a lil too early for that in the f40, maybe the 512?

btw, great vids on your site.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Great pictures really nice house also. The F40 is a amazing car I wish turbo's would come back into Ferrari's line up.

8. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    i can never stop marveling at F40s...those are some really good pics. one of them found its way onto the backround of my computer...awsome car

9. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    What an awesome car. Congrats

10. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Yeah - 512TR on a dyno a couple years back. Photo was taken just after I let off the gas and put in the clutch pedal (catching the tach needle on the way down) but the dyno and rear wheels were still spinning at 200+. The BIG video file shows both gauges through the run. I haven't had my 512TR quite that fast on the road, but I came close during a road trip from SEA to Vegas a couple years ago.

11. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Steve,
    Congratulations on finally finding "the F40" for you. Get out there and have some fun. Don't neglect the other horses in the stable :)

Regards,
    Chris

12. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Marty,

I also used Concours Transport http://www.concourstransport.com/ to ship my Boxer from Los Angeles to Seattle when I purchased it last November. Great service and good prices. Fred's a pleasure to work with.

Gary

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Steve

Congrats on the F40 - I too have seen your website a while back and whilst I am a few F-cars behind you I'll be picking up my 328GTS in a couple of weeks from a fellow F-chatter here in SoCal.

Saw your post to mw575 - I lived in PDX from 1979 -1991 and went to Lewis & Clark College down Lake Zero way...plus we lived in Sydney from 1994-2001 so are dual citizens in Oz and the US.

Saw your pix - ahhh, the leaden skies of the PNW...bring back many memories but am in the land of (nearly) eternal sunshine in LA now so can't handle the rain. I have also done the Siskyou Summit in the snow...fun to watch the young players go past you sideways, isn't it????

Sorry to digress - congrats again on the F40 and great post. It does make this whole forum funnerer!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

14. jasono

jasono Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    You need to come drive that by the UW so I can stare at it! So beautiful!

If you ever see a dirty looking college student in an old 928 gawking at you, it's probably me!

-Jason

15. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    I help judge the UW Business Plan Competition every year, and I always drive a Ferrari there! I think the speed bumps are a bit large for the F40, however.

P.S. UW = YEW-DUB = University of Washington for those who might be wondering.

16. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Sorry to further hijack the thread, but Concourse Transport moved my Ferrari 328, Porsche 930, BMW M3, and Toyota Camry from Auburn, CA, to Phoenix in 2000. I couldn't be happier. Fred squeezed his truck into my rural neighborhood with impossibly narrow streets, dips, overhanging trees and power lines to make my life easier. He came highly recommended from a collector friend in Sacramento, was the ONLY service willing to help me the week before Christmas, and is VERY well respected by the California hot rod community. Just a great guy!

17. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    As requested, hi-res versions of shots 3-7 are posted in my download folder:

http://ferrari.stevejenkins.com/downloads/

Some are still grainy - it's only a 3 megapixel camera... and it's a Sony...:(

You guys want anything else while I'm up? A soda? Some popcorn? ;)

18. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Steve
    Great, truly wonderful. Brutal doesn't begin to describe it. Wear it out in good health, rebuild it, and wear it out again. Va bene.
    Lee

19. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Steve, Congrat on your new purchase. I can see how much fun you're having. Also looking at your pics & reading posts on UW is fun for me, as fond memory of my days in 80's Seattle flashes back. All cloudy weather even looks fine.

I also enjoyed your posts on driving experience. Thanks for sharing!

20. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Steve,

Well Done!!!

That's about all I can say other than stunning.

21. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Awesome stuff, Steve! I am drooling as I read your driving impressions. I was in Seattle for almost 10 years before moving to HK. I do miss the days when I was at UW!!

Congrats!!

22. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I love the way you describe your experience.

F40, one of my dream cars. I'll own one yet!!!

23. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    simply stunning. I am at a loss for words looking at those pics. If there is one ferrari that I really want, the F40 it is. damn

24. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i appear to have to same camera. thanks a lot

25. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Steve, call that trucking company. They made a huge MISTAKE with that delivery of the F40.

It was supposed to go to MY HOUSE.

:)

Great Ride.

Enjoy.