After 2 hours with my new F40 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

After 2 hours with my new F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Steve, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    And since you have a yellow F40... make sure you post some more pics!! We need far more pics... pics that shows what it looks like outside... ready to run... or running... ;)

2. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Bit late on this thread, but many thanks for sharing
    Got me dreamin now....

3. ultgar

ultgar Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Steve D'Gerolamo
    I've got a few pictures up at http://www.ultimategarage.com/ugs903.htm . The car is not mine (belongs to the guy in the previous pic changing out the plugs)....it may be going to a new owner in CA pretty soon. If not, it will be available for sale relatively cheap (I think $225-235k). This car is not as clean as the one Steve J. purchased.....but it sure is fast! SD

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Steve: could you be so kind as to send me a PM with the details of the car (year, mileage, services, etc)?

Best,

--Dan

5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    SteveD:

Is that a Euro version? The rear ends have some differences I notice.

First, my middle brake light is on the rear deck lid, and the yellow one seems to be inside the cockpit.

Also, I don't have those red reflectors/lights in my rear bumper.

I won't mention the silver horsies on the rear - that's obviously a user-mod (and the horses are rotated too far clockwise, fwiw).

SteveJ

6. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Beautiful car Steve! Congrats!

7. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Steve,

When you start doing mods check out the drop gear kit from Carobu racing. I swapped out my stock gears and I can't believe the difference in the low end. More gear noise but worth it!

jon

8. ultgar

ultgar Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Steve D'Gerolamo
    #133 ultgar, Apr 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The car is a '91 Euro car which hurts its value. The yellow car is not the car to sit in a collection....its for the guy who's going to take it to track events and enjoy it for what it is. I would bet this car could be purchased for $215-225k....if interested, I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Mileage on the car is around 4,500. I just need to get the car out of my shop so I can finish up the construction. SD
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Many congrats Steve,

I remember you telling us folks on the old Flist about your F40 hunting excursions almost half a decade ago, very happy to see you did find that new soul mate, and this one looks absolutely mint!

Thanks for the pics :)

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    ultgar, You might want to alert William H on here. He might very well be interested in the F40.

11. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    HI Steve
    How dos cLyDe like yur F40 :)

I bet you would have likedto have taken the F40 on the old flist rally a few years ago..mini michael and his date would have been proud to be tooling around in that sucka.......although your TR is a sweet ride too.

nice addition to your stable BTW
    john

12. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
  13. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  14. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I put in the drop gears too, they are straight cut and hava a WONDERFUL whine! The car just launches with the new gears!

Chris

15. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    OK - you've convinced me. I'll give it a go. But the bad news is that this car is already making all my other Ferraris feel SLOW!

16. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  17. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Haha. I actually went to all my classes after seeing those pics.

18. Just_some_dude

Just_some_dude Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    It looks to me like the wrecked F40 on the readytofix web site is the same one as in post #125 and #130 of this thread, same color, double chrome horses on the back, same exhaust, same rare color, same rear fog lights. Can someone confirm this?

19. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Good eye! That does look like the same car. I'd bet a box of Krispy Kremes it is!

20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Not to rush a freebie, but I was wondering if you've had a chance to shoot the pic for your "Justification" poster there?? If you too busy to touch it up you can send me the file and I'll drop the text in.

BTW, Wednesday is supposed to be THE day it doesn't rain in Seattle this year, so you might have to keep the camera handy then ;).

21. ramone_johnny

ramone_johnny Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    man that is fricken AWESOME!!!!!!!

22. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Can someone tell me what the gurney flaps are on the back of the 92 F40?? Looks odd, any reason or use for them?

23. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just read that entire 8 page post for the first time and am in awe. That was better reading than a top 10 book. I love the F40 and having just read that am in even more in love with it. Excellent car and congrats. Fantastic pics, okay Ill shut up now

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Damn, i can't believe i haven't seen this thread until now...!

Steve, congratulations, your car looks AWESOME...! i thought the review was very cool; very detailed, honest, humble... very real. Thank you, that's definitely the kind of posts this site needs...

Nice website, by the way... i especially enjoyed James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub Party... Who's singing...? Sounds like Eddie Murphy doing a James Brown impression...

Nice pictures - OH! and nice house, too... :)