After a very long 18 months, my 812 is almost here. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

After a very long 18 months, my 812 is almost here.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Quick update. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday. I went and saw it this morning and I couldn’t be any happier. PPI was completed and the Capristo exhaust controller was installed. Next step is the paint correction followed by 100% PPF including all exterior carbon bits and windshield. Hopefully it might be delivered to me as early as next week.

Initially, I was concerned about the Cioccolato interior. Would it be too dark? Would it be lighter than expected? Would the Grigio Scuro stitching look silver, white, or tan? Should I have gone with silver rather red calipers? All the normal crap you worry about for 20 months while you’re waiting for delivery.... Well, all the concern was for naught, as it’s perfect and unique. I love it. I spec’d it to be a forever car and I stuck the landing. I was also worried about how I would react seeing it for the first time knowing full well how severe the price walk was between it and the perfectly awesome F12 it was replacing. Turns out, that too was a mute point.

Sorry for crappy iPhone pics. I’ll update when I get better ones. Worth mentioning, Cioccolato cannot be properly photographed. It always appears much lighter in the picture frame, than real life.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats!!! At least on your final production pic Luigi stopped on the right black markers on the floor. My guy missed it by a lot, .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Looks truly amazing. Wonderful. Thank you for your message in the other thread. Hope you enjoy on good health too.

Agree - it is tough to photograph the cioccolato interior. I have a very similar interior spec to yours. Main differences - I went for charcoal stitching (0416) (not scuro). Also had same questions around silver, tan etc. But love the charcoal. And went for the alloy finish bridge rather than all carbon to contrast the carbon tunnel. Love both. But do like having that flash of metal for the central bridge. What a car!

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Love the contrast of the metal on the carbon tunnel. Bravo. Cool look for sure. And I like the charcoal stitching also, enough contrast to create interest, but not much to distract. What does the stitched horse look like on the headrest? And how do you manage to capture 90% of Cioccolato looks like in real life with a photograph? Is that just an iPhone pic? Those pics are the closest I have ever seen. I wish I could that. My pics just turn more to caramel than dark chocolate. I always end up making Cioccolato look like Iroko (which is gorgeous too).

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    It was a difficult decision. Also love the sophisticated GT look of the standard tunnel and the carbon bridge. I think carbon bridge and carbon tunnel is a bit too much carbon. So plumped for the carbon tunnel and standard bridge at the last moment. But love the sophisticated GT look of yours.

Photo was iPhone only. Surprised how well the colour of the cioccolato turned out. Am putting it down to the low light conditions I was in (underground car park at the dealer, no natural light just white LED lights in car park, the car/windows were partly covered by the car cover which further stopped light reflecting from the leather). Just seemed to be a lucky set of circumstances to get a good colour in the photo.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    No wrong answer on the bridge/tunnel. Same with the charcoal/scuro thread. I would have been happy either way. When I get the car, I’ll look photograph the interior in marker darker conditions. Meanwhile, your picture quality almost perfectly captures both the tone and shade of Cioccolato.

R J likes this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    PPF install started on Friday. Should have it delivered by the end of this week.

of2worlds and R J like this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    What is the weather forecast for delivery day? :)

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So in North Carolina during June, weather forecasts are completely irrelevant. It rains when you least expect it and doesn’t rain when it’s suppose to. Totally bizarre. That said, weather forecast is showing sunny days Wed-Fri!!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  11. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
  12. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Mine is on the boat still.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So you caught me, and passed me up. My car is being delayed by the full PPF install. Supposedly the install willcontinue into next week now despite having been delivered to the installer a week ago today. Once the PPF is completed, ClearPlex still has to be installed on the windshield and the radar wiring still needs to connected to the rear view mirror. After all that, the shipper needs to bring it from Atlanta to Charlotte. Looking like it won’t be until late next week...
    I am losing my mind. Placed my deposit Nov 2017. It’s been a long, arduous process. Worst part, I have not had my F12 for well over a month now.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Wow, almost 2 years! That is a long wait. I also was without my F12 for a couple of months between cars which sucked. Luckily it was mostly bad weather and I was out of the country for 3 weeks of it.

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  15. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    2 years that's nuts! I get angry when amazon is past 2 days when buying stuff! I admire your patience!!!

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  16. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    got mine in 4.5 months from PO to delivery. used air shipping. US delivery.
    Some great dealers still make things happen.

Thecadster likes this.
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Quick update. Finishing up PPF now. Final delivery scheduled for Saturday June 22. It’s going to be a long 120 hours....

of2worlds likes this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    With no GPF installed it sounds like perfect timing actually! ;)

vraa likes this.
  19. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
    Great news. I pick mine up the following Saturday - it’s an even longer wait - I keep asking for more pictures to be sent by the dealer

Thecadster likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Delivery of your 812 still on for June 22nd? Very lucky you missed the GPF debacle as others will not be as fortunate!:)

Thecadster likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Actually delivering in about 4 hours! It will be here approximately 1am EST. Late night for sure, but my delivery guy (who’s amazing) asked me if I could accommodate him late tonight. And yes, no GPF which is a relief as noise is, for me, the biggest component of this purchase.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    We always enjoy delivery pictures, even in the dark!!!

23. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Saw mine a month ago at the factory so I’m sure it does not have GPF. At least something went right for a change, lol.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    stavura, ajr550, Feroari and 6 others like this.