Aftermarket Exhaust for the 720S? | FerrariChat

Aftermarket Exhaust for the 720S?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by rockminster, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    I just took delivery of my 720S and love the car -it's fabulous in every way except for the exhaust note. I have sport exhaust but the car doesn't have enough of an exhaust note for my liking. I get that some people like how it sounds and/or like it quieter but form me I'd like more of an aural signature. I hear the factory is working on a new louder exhaust that can presumably be retrofitted. I'm curious to learn which of the after market companies have done the best job on the 12C/650 cat-back exhaust systems. Looking for feedback on quality of product, quality of sound (not just loud), etc... Basically looking to see who to follow as the new options make it to market.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Check out Manhart there us a video on YouTube

3. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Wow, I went with the sport exhaust,you want ot louder?
    Good boy!
    I have open heffners on My Ford GT ,but this carimho to me is just right.
    Enjoy it.
    GTJOEY1314

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  5. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sports exhaust sounds pretty darn loud from outside the car. Inside not so much in part because of the cabin in well insulated from sound. For me the OEM sport exhaust it is ideal as my wife will complain about the noise.

There are already a couple USA made 675LT-type exhaust systems (x-pipe, no muffler), available with or without HJS sport cats. I have not heard them in person but they should be louder with better tone like the LT. Unobtainium, DMETuning, and VelocityAP have 720S exhausts in development, as I'm sure the usual aftermarket manufacturers do... there will be plenty of choices

Fabspeed is crossed:[​IMG] e

Boden Autohaus:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Exhaust videos are usually useless but Fabspeed did post a few. I don't think the USA cars have the backfire 'feature' like in the Manhart video posted above.

6. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I have a spider on order with the sports exhaust. I may be interested in a exhaust upgrade as well but 1. Want to hear how mine sounds in person. 2. I don't want constant droning noise in the car if I upgrade. 3. I had the exhaust valve switch in my 458 which was perfect for me. I wish the 720 had that option.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I ordered my spider with the std exhaust knowing I will replace it asap.

8. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    A what exhaust?!o_Oo_O

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Probably the same setup I have on my coupe.

aaronrgonz likes this.