Aftermarket Exhaust Options (Tubi, Fabspeed, Capristo) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Aftermarket Exhaust Options (Tubi, Fabspeed, Capristo)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmilew, May 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Yes ...price is high

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Unless they doubled their prices or stopped making them, that price is almost double than normal!

3. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Since when Timate got valves? Is this Titanium made?

4. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    looks like stainless but definitely not a timate.

5. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Was quoted US$2.5K excld shipping by Timate from Taiwan. Don't think their system has valves.

For best performance & sound, go for header, low cell CATs (but watch the CEL) & muffler then tune the ECU. Potentially US$6-8K job

6. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Not interested to extended mods, just a loud exhaust maybe with kinetix cats to get some F1 scream...

7. fyamamoto

fyamamoto Rookie

Sep 3, 2007
    Atlanta, Tampa
    Full Name:
    Franklin
    I recently replaced my stock exhaust with the oem race exhaust. It is ferrari equipment and Ferrari warranties it. It is basically the cs exhaust. Included is the ecu replacement. The best part apart from te sound is that Ferrari is running a special on it. My dealer fotb replaced mine for just under $4000.

8. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
    I think I am now leaning towards a Capristo level 2, need valves and level 3 might be too loud.

9. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Pretty good if you consider that you need 5000$ for a Capristo only.

10. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    +1 on this. I think the Nouvalari Sport is a great exhaust. Here's a clip of mine while my buddy was test driving the car.

To be fair the car also has Tubi headers (manifolds) and Hyperflow cats.

http://youtu.be/5rpuVq0CZ2U

11. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Capristo honestly has the best build quality and the sound is phenomenal

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    At three times the price. Sound vs quality vs price you cant Nouvalari

13. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Agreed. My take on this was to spend the real cash on fixing the item that actually has a failure problem; the headers. Spare no expense there. On the exhaust, well I could buy 3 Nouvalari systems for the price of any of the other well known brands. At the end of the day, I think we're all buying exhausts for the sound and maybe a little weight reduction and not because we're worried the factory unit is going to fail. Why not get some value out of the switch. Value is hard to come by on these cars!

14. FTA

FTA Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2011
    Phila., PA
    Full Name:
    Frank T
    I agree and had this exhaust on my 360 for several months. Wound up replacing it for other reasons, but totally missed it every day after it came out. The best sound, the best quality construction, and its OEM, so it won't hurt resale (and in fact will help it). $4000 for parts and labor (if that's what you meant) is an excellent deal.

15. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #40 captglen, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just to let you know I can do a Nouvalari 360 Sport or Supersport delivered for $1675.00
    That is in Polished T304 Stainless and a Lifetime Warranty
    Regards
    Glenn
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Hkpooh

Hkpooh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2011
    I had lvl 3 on my car before, is not that much louder at all (compare to stock) but sweet sound.

17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I honestly don't understand why the default for the 360 is not the CS muffler. It sounds fantastic. I drove a spider with one and gee, it sounded just like a CS only with no top!

18. DARIES

DARIES Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    I have both a 360 Modena and a 360 CS. I have the same Fabspeed setup on both cars: catby test pipes, muffler, tips but kept the stock headers. I really like that setup.

I really love the sound, specially going thru a tunnel, woaw, just sounds amazing. I have them on the cars for awhile and I never had any issues with them. The quality is good, the prices are better compared to the other ones on the market and their customer service is always on hand. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Even though I have the exact same setup on both cars, they sound different. On the 360M the sound is louder and more aggressive and the 360CS has a deeper growl. I really like the Fabspeed and I recommend it.

I've used different types and brands of exhausts on different cars and in my opinion there isn't a big difference in power between them until you start changing the headers and playing with the ECU.

I really found the sound and the quality I was looking for with Fabspeed.
    Tubi will never be a bad choice either, if money is not an object.

19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thank you for the kind words Didier. If anyone is interested in Fabspeed parts, please feel free to PM me for special FChat pricing. Thanks!

Jeff

20. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Does nouvalari sounds f1 style at high rpms?

21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    With a standard 430 for more sound and performance all you need do is CHANGE the HEADERS to get rid of the Pre Cats. My OEM SCUD Headers with just 2K miles, will next week be available for sale with the air rail sealed for USD 1,800 + shipping. Perfect for a F430. Just like Capristo headers for a third of the price & the factory units are insulated too. Had I known that OEM SCUD headers didn't have pre cats I could have saved myself quite some money but as my F430 headers had Cats I just (wrongly) assumed my SCUD did too. SCUD headers are a different design and manufacture are a special order part and don't crack, so there is unlikely to ever be another pair on the market. Please PM me if you are interested

22. fyamamoto

fyamamoto Rookie

Sep 3, 2007
    Atlanta, Tampa
    Full Name:
    Franklin
    Yes it was 3750 for parts and labor. It was an excellent deal.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Nouvalari sounds awesome at high RPM's. you can search on youtube for some clips, I believe my car is still on there. Not a great clip but you will get the idea. Best bang for the buck and the weight of the system is a fraction of the stock setup.

24. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    + 1000

25. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    FYI. Capristo Level 3 on Strad @ Infineon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dfpjywJ4Ds[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7vVQvdttMs[/ame]