Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Aftermarket GTC4Lusso exhaust?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Challenge64, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Now that you say that I’ll have to check but I think I misspoke. I’m fairly certain the Lusso has cat delete.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It will not: car insulated too much; unless u have windows open.
    Novi is only very loud without the stock cats.
    Ff sounds awesome but more outside than inside;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    So what is the preferred setup?

4. Natkingcolebasket69

If u have the means : x-pipe, sports car from novi, rear boxes from novi. It’s like 20k ish, very loud outside , f1 style and great inside.
    A bit cheaper and f1 sound would be IPE;9k ish.
    Hope this helps;)

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Finally got to drive the Lusso today on back roads and long stretches. Really needs a screaming exhaust upgrade.
    Appreciate the reco above..assume meant sports “cats”?

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Sport cats indeed;)

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Does it throw cel codes?

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Cats "not avaialble to sell to consumer in CA state". So I cant put those on. Does this change your POV and reco?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Id say it saves you money, in that case if sound is the main thing I’d say it’s a toss up between IPE and Novitec. I heard fitment can at times be average on IPE, the full set is about 9k.
    Novitec you are looking I believe 10-12 for the valves muffler and about 3 for the x pipe, which you could get from capristo for 1/2 the price.
    So novi around 15k vs ipe 9k. Given it’s a GT I think IPE is enough, specially if you have other cars but if u want the best of the best then Novitec it is.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thank you. Thinking Novi Iconel

11. ScuderiaCarParts

BANNED

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    #111 ScuderiaCarParts, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Just our two cents -

Novitec is on a totally different level to IPE...not only in terms of sound but also in terms of build quality and aftersales support

The great Inconel debate: if you have the means, definitely go for it! Should it be a dealbreaker? Absolutely not.
    The steel Novitec system is still an incredible piece of engineering, no matter what day of the week it is that exhaust is just head and shoulders above everything else on the market.

That being said, if price point/delivery times are important we have also had some serious success with Capristo - their system is of equal build quality to Novitec, their lead time is significantly less and they sound great especially when paired with a catalytic converter modification.

The ideal setups based on our experience?

Money no issue: Sport Cats, X pipe, Novitec silencer with valves
    Fantastic without breaking the bank: X pipe, Novitec silencer with valves
    Low price, high yield: Cat replacement pipes, X pipe, Capristo silencer with valves

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Honestly ill have to agree with it all except capristo sound. The build quality is great, lead time awesome but they missed it sound wise for the FF, it just sounds too v8 ish to me. Its too bad because in the Testarossa i loved it but in the FF ...

One thing to consider in your post is Dustman location; in california he might struggle with certain cats...

As far as IPE as mentioned i heard the same feedback on customer support and fitment but they do sound amazing and you dont have to buy as much as wih Novi but if money no object...NOVITEC :)

ScuderiaCarParts likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    What about Kline’s Iconel setup?
    Yes, I am in CA, so I cant order and receive the cats here.

Jamie456 likes this.
  14. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Kline is perfect, not as loud as Novitec but still loud enough, especially on a car like the Lusso you don't want to be too obnoxious. Had the full system on my car and loved it, Only thing I didn't like was the switch had to be placed inside the armrest and took up the cigarette socket for charging phones and stuff. Off topic but I kinda regret trading the lusso for 812.

15. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agree love my Kline. Went with the Steel. I used the capristo switch. Sound is so much better than stock....

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx....sold and replaced with a 458 spider.

17. Jamie456

Jamie456 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 13, 2020
    Klein is perfect and superb more than Novitec,it isn't as loud and noisy as Novitec is and it goes perfect well in any brand of cars you wanna use it with, you've making the right option choosing Kline's And kindly PM for the installation I've got offer on the setup..

Sent from my Nokia 2.1 using Tapatalk

18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I really wanted to do inconel but I had a friendly member have stainless to sell, so I bought off him

I'm still waiting to get the car back, it's been a while since my mechanic only works on it on Saturdays and half the time we're just drinking

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No point in spending extra money on lighter material on a tank

vraa, Natkingcolebasket69 and Jas like this.
  20. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Lusso finally arrived today! Woohoo!

I had the Capristo controller installed immediately. Set it to always open from day one. The sound from OUTSIDE the car is definitely amazing, but from inside, you can't really tell!

From what I gather, the Lusso has 4 sections, right?
    1. Cats
    2. OEM H-Pipe
    3. Rear Pipes
    4. Mufflers
    Anyone know which x-pipes fit with the OEM cats & rear pipes? Not sure I need more volume right now as firing up the Lusso (warm start) on my drive scared the crap out of a puppy walking by across the street! I gotta admit I chuckled a little bit!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    Lol that is pretty funny! For the X pipe, we offer options from both Capristo, as well as Novitec for these cars. They will bolt right up with the factory equipment :)

22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Nice! I may look into Capristo as I won't be paying Novitec prices again. Wasn't worth it last time I did it.

23. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    Let me know when you are ready :)

SECRET likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Spent 10k on a Kline which sounds amazing but honestly the car has thicke windows that’s the main problem to enjoy It.

SECRET likes this.
  25. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    That's the issue I always found with my 812 SF too... spent a lot on Novitec exhaust kit and even with the windows down it was difficult to enjoy it. I now have a 812 GTS and am about to get x pipe and 200 cell sports cats fitted. Also remove the GPF. That with no roof should be pretty cool...

SECRET likes this.