Age of vintage owners Poll, final attempt | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Age of vintage owners Poll, final attempt

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by lukek, Sep 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

If you own a vintage car, what is your age?

1. 18-28

2. 28-38

3. 38-48

4. 48-58

5. 58-68

6. 68-100

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    If this analysis is right - and I believe it is, (it is true in the Ford club I belong to), then we would predict jacked-up pickup trucks as the hottest part of the market eventually!
    Scary!

Cheers
    Warren

2. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Forget the pickups - what I want to see is the mini-van boom.

Brooks Monaco. May 2034.
    Lot 228: Chrysler Town & Country
    In the possession of one owner since new, a twin-set and pearls soccer mom. Never used to pick up milk. Built in child seat, still in plastic wrapping. Rare CD and cassette option. Contempory Costco tires, nitrogen filled. Silver with blue interior. $250,000 reserve.

3. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    That is abolutely hillarious. Particularly after I spent 1 hour cleaning pen off the leather (middle row of seats in the family vehicle). Daughter in time out....

4. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    At 70 I feel lonesome. Always loved sportscars. MG TDs in my 20s, Alfa Spyders in my 30s, Alfa Sprint Speciale in my 40s, the Dino in mid 50s. Then came emission controls, dificulty in doing your own work. Stayed with the Dino and just kept smilin' Interesting poll. Thanks.

John

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is hilarious.

Although, the lack of interesting cars from the mid 70s - mid 80s causes me to wonder if the few great cars of that era (308, 512BB, Porsche 911, 930 & 928, etc) will actually appreciate more due to lack of supply of other enthusiast cars?

6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    dbw -
    did you also get sidetracked into Invictas and Miller FWD Indy cars?

tritone

7. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Well, my car's 40th birthday is this Saturday, and I'm almost 40 so there you go.

I agree with the 'cars of your youth' philosophy, as that's how I ended up craving a V12 Ferrari. I had always loved the smell of the older cars, but my epiphany came pushing a Daytona in the snow - it was twenty years ago, but my head's still ringing with the siren song of those exhaust pipes!

Well, till then, here is the cover (mine from Ebay):
    http://www.jb330gt.com/beginning/CDCoverbig.jpg

And the story (from Kerry):
    http://www.parrotbyte.com/330GTRegistry/MagazineArticles/CarAndDriver196503.htm

Cheers,
    JB

8. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    #58 JonBrent, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    JonBrent:

Thanks, I had never seen that on Kerry's site.

It's really not an apt comparison...should have been the Pontiac GTO VS the Ferrari 330 2+2, but it was a name game. The Catalina-based 2+2 is a big, ungainly honker; I actually saw one in very excellent shape on the road not long ago.

Anyone know the s/n and color of the 330 in the test? I searched Kerry's board under Luigi Chinetti Jr. and didn't find it, but did find s/n 9667, once owned by Edwin K. Niles Jr., in the process.

10. GTSIQV

GTSIQV Rookie

Jul 8, 2012
  11. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    Sorry I forgot to vote in the poll - the thought of a show field full of Pickups and SUVs blew my mind.
    Currrently 81 ys old bought my 330GT in 1981. Which number are you using in your poll? Purchase date or current ownership? Both are interesting.

Cheers
    Warren