agostini auto junior 308 gts | Page 3 | FerrariChat

agostini auto junior 308 gts

Discussion in '308/328' started by henas0, Dec 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henas0

henas0 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    wokingham berkshire uk
    hi guys just a quick on since the last time i was on here ive tbh have done nothing with this little gem of a car and its a real shame so if anyone fancies purchasing it off me email me at [email protected] thanks guys

2. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    I love these little go carts! There was one on eBay last year and I was upset I never pulled the trigger and purchased it. It was a 308 version. I passed cause I am looking for Testarossa version. If any one has leads of one for sale, please PM me!!

3. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    #53 ItalianOne, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. henas0

henas0 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    wokingham berkshire uk
    just so people know what ive got is exactly the same as denisC on the 2nd page but she needs restoring.engine runs and ive had my kids drive it but she needs a lot of restoration

5. henas0

henas0 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    wokingham berkshire uk
    #55 henas0, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. henas0

henas0 Rookie

Aug 13, 2011
    wokingham berkshire uk
    had a lot of interest but i cant believe noones made me a offer on this little car lol

7. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Hmmm...... Based on the registration plate (F308 GTS), It's a LHD 308 GTS imported into the UK late '88/early '89. The indicator side-lights point towards a European car rather than a US model.

The wheels are not Ferrari originals, the windscreen is out/missing and it looks like the dash/interior needs a lot of work.

I suspect it's lacking any Ferrari service history (or any service history at all), so the belts are likely to be suspect (more than likely needs a full engine rebuild!) - Any idea on the mileage?

The biggest problem though is that it's a fibreglass 308 GTS which straight away raises suspicions as the 308 GTS was never made in fibreglass! (Someone has claimed to have found a fibreglass 308 GTS prototype but it seemed to be more like a converted Vetroresina 308 GTB).

Is it also lacking the targa top? - That's going to put buyers off as they're very hard to come by!

Ferrari 308 GTS buyers are very picky about the cars they buy! ;)

8. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Didn't that glass GTS sell at auction last year? :)

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I believe it did but I don't recall there being any official verification of it being a genuine, factory original, glassfibre 308 GTS prototype, from Ferrari themselves (which is surely the first thing you would get if you believe it to be true? - I know I would have!)

10. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Maybe the buyer knew it was a converted glass GTB and thought it made financial sense to buy it and restore it as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J

My concern would be that some poor buyer has been duped into paying extra £'s/$'s for the car believing it to be something it's not, based on the advertising description (i.e A factory glassfibre prototype GTS).

Okay, a glassfibre GTS is going to be pretty unique so may be worth paying a bit extra for (to some at least), but if you paid the extra money thinking it was a Ferrari original prototype, as advertised, and then Ferrari informed you that it was no such thing, you'd be pretty p:censored:ed off about it (especially if Ferrari refused to even look at it for a Classiche certificate due to it being a cut up vetroresina and no longer being original!).

Now, would Ferrari be prepared to issue a Classiche certificate on an Agostini Junior 308 GTS?

12. srod23

srod23 Rookie

Apr 11, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott Rodriguez
    I have one of these Agostini 308 Juniors - the more substantial one from 1983 with independent suspension and pop-up headlights and an 11hp motor, etc. It's a complete car but in need of restoration and I'm having a hard time finding ANY info or literature or parts (I know that last one is a laugh) and was wondering if anyone has anything they could share or advice to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

13. thomasandersen

thomasandersen Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Hi I am restoring a 308 agostini and need repro decals, anyone knows how to find a set?

Any help is appreciated

thanks

14. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I always just try to have something made. Figure out which logos you want and then go to your vinyl wrap / graphics shop. Those guys can usually make any decal you want...

15. Jean Gombeer

Jean Gombeer Rookie

Sep 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jean Gombeer