air con | FerrariChat

air con

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    went to silverstone on satuarday as my mate races in the porsche open very good racing only seen 3 other fcars there as it was a warm day aircon was on there and back but didnt think it was cold so on sunday family outing in wifes car and the aircon was colder but it is always on and her car is never still so yesterday took fcar to garage had aircon vacced out and filled up with new gas its freezing now have been told that air con should be used reguarly so leaving the car stood in winter doesnt do the aircon any good anybody else had this problem

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I understand the air con seals dry out if the system is not used, and the gas seeps out. My 328's system produced less and less cold air, but always drove it roof off so didn't do anything about it.

I run air con on my daily drivers all the time, and never had a problem with it.

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    How much did it cost to do ?

Mine's not brilliant but does keep you cool. Solution drive faster with the windows down !!

Rick

4. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Mine seems to work resonably well on cold but it will stay hot when required ? any ideas.

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    When I bought my 308 I just assumed that with a performance engine inches behind my head, and an exhaust manifold in the small of my back, the aircon was merely there to make a hellishly hot cabin into merely a hot one.

I then had my aircon serviced when the thermometer tipped 100 las t summer. Sheeeeeit! Now it works so well that I have two settings; inferno, and icebox!

So if your aircon seem a little lackluster, get it serviced. The difference in mine was extraordinary.

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    so you dont only look cool you also feel cool

7. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steve,

Hey man, when you have a talent, why not use it!!!!

My avatar may look cool, and it highly contrasted representation of my fair self, but there the coolness ends.

In reality I'm about as cool as a ceramic brake disk that has just slowed a car down, with two very fat villains and a roofrack full of stolen lead, towing a trailer with depleted uranium weights held down with an elephant clutching a Challenge spoiler for extra downforce, from 200 mph to zero, sixty times in rapid seccession!

I make you average transpotter seem cool enough to be best mates with Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and George Cloony (well, maybe that is my wife's definition of cool!).

But at least my aircon works........