430 - Airbag Control Unit Not Equipped | FerrariChat

430 Airbag Control Unit Not Equipped

Discussion in '360/430' started by mjposner, May 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mjposner

mjposner Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael J Posner
    My airbag light is on and I originally tried to reset with a Foxwell NT520 With the Ferrari module but the device said it could not communicate with the airbag module. Foxwell Tech support claimed that their system did not support this. I was told that the Think Diagonal plus tooth module and software could possibly reset the airbag light. However when I tried today the software says Airbag Control Unit Not Equipped.

The prior owner did replace the instrument cluster. The Repair says "Found Instrument Cluster Internal Electrical Fault; Remove Cluster Send out for repair." I assume this is what triggered the airbag light. Any other thoughts. Thanks

Screen shot from the think diagnostic software:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I haven’t found a cheap tool that can properly access the airbag computer on these cars. I’ve tried the launches, autel, foxwell. It seems none of them have properly reverse engineered it.

Qavion likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    My launch 431 will not detect it, on asking the dealer they said any problem would show as a code as a major safety item.

4. mjposner

mjposner Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael J Posner
  5. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    None of those numbers are accurate for clutch reading it this is a 430. There are two levels of software for the gearbox and those numbers appear that you are using the incorrect software. Normal new clutch readings will be in the 16-18mm range and a worn out clutch will approach 25mm.

flash32 likes this.
  6. mjposner

mjposner Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael J Posner
    Windsock, I did notice it showed the F1 twice, will try again. My clutch was replaced 5k miles ago.