Airbag recall | FerrariChat

Airbag recall

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by rainforest, Jul 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rainforest

rainforest Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
    I have a 2010 California but haven't been on this forum in two years.

Can someone point me to the right thread that discusses this? My dealer said there are no replacement airbags yet. Is the car safe for me to drive?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    rainforest...That's odd. Mine was replaced. I was wondering if they meant that a new, non-Takata solution was not yet available. I thought I read that Takata has gone out of business, filed for bankruptcy, etc.

Here's Cali thread, but it's short, although The Mayor posted a link to search your VIN.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/california/523255-09-11-california-airbag-recall.html

If you Google "site:ferrarichat.com takata airbag" you will get more hits in the other sub-fora, which have pertinent info.

Good luck and welcome back...T

3. rainforest

Apr 14, 2010
    Has anyone else been replaced? That's disappointing.

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The affected airbag in your car is the passenger side. So as a driver, there is no risk for you to drive the car.

Takata is having to replace so many airbags, that it cannot produce enough to replace all of them at once. They are replacing the airbags by zones. The areas with higher temperatures and humidity (which are what seem to cause the airbag failures) are the priority zones and are the first to have the airbags recalled.

You should have received a letter from Ferrari regarding the recall. They will send out notification of when your car is eligible for the recall. You can call ferrari customer service for more information 1-866-551-2828

In the meantime you could avoid crashing the car with a passenger in it.

5. rainforest

Apr 14, 2010
    Wow great answer! I did receive the letter from Ferrari many months ago, but I ignored it thinking it wasn't a big deal. Now it's in the news and made me afraid to drive a passenger in my car, especially my kids.

Guess I will just have to drive solo for now. Thank you.

6. AndrewF

AndrewF Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    I'm still waiting 17 months later. It's criminal.

7. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    yep, my AirBag is prompting take to Dealer, I am going on Wednesday and will advise on the update.
    It just started on the weekend, randomly pops up..

8. miamiron

miamiron Karting

Sep 3, 2016
    Just had it done while in for annual service. Dealer may have to order it, so call in with your VIN.

On the invoice it showed as "CAMPAIGN 60".

9. miamiron

miamiron Karting

Sep 3, 2016
    The Ferrari Recall Campaign 60 Instructions attached below if you're interested....

Attached Files:

10. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    thanks miamiron, that helps ...I am the collection now will see what happens.

11. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    ok update, they cleared the code and said no further issues (no charge too :))
    see how it goes, just added nitro to the tires.

12. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    AirBag error back again, it is at the collection hopefully it will get resolved.

13. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I was told it would be several months for mine as I have an early 2009 California. I am waiting for a letter....

14. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    *Update*
    airbag still not resolved, they are saying wiring issue need to pull apart steering etc to have a look at ..4 hours labor to determine what is the fault exactly.

sorry to the OP, I do not mean to hijack your thread, just thought the topic had similarities with my issues.

thanks,