Airventure 2018 | FerrariChat

Airventure 2018

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by GrigioGuy, Jun 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    A buddy just had a seat open up on his plane, and since he flys a vintage plane he gets a great camping spot. Guess who gets to go along?

So, for someone who's never been, and will be there for the week -- any suggestions?

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Just enjoy yourself and try to hit every display!!! I just pulled last years thread up. Not sure what aircraft will be on display yet other than it will be massive again.

3. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Just try to take it all in and enjoy. You really can’t do Oshkosh wrong.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was there for 3 days back in 1983 and still couldn't see everything, and I know the show is even bigger now. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, much of it on grass.

5. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    This will be number 45 in a row for me. Be sure to ck out Warbirds in review. I go for the entire week and there is no way that is enough time to see everything.

Ck the website for other events, the fireworks are better then many large cities have, there is usually a STOL contest and this year there is some RC airplane flying and WW1 replicas. Also ck out the Theater in the woods schedule. Usually there is several aviation greats on stage, definitely worth seeing. Usually there are some never before seen airplanes that are new. And I know several new aircraft are supposed to be there such as the F-82, B-26K and the bally bomber which is a scale B-17. Also the B-29 DOC will be there again.

The seaplane base is definitely worth going to.

I will be in a blue and white T-34 if you want some more info.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Your photos are making my mouth water! The only time I made it to Oshkosh was 1983 which is now 35 years ago! Now that I'm retired, I need to go back - maybe next year?

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  10. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Check out this amazing video from the F-16 demonstration. Ok, not as exciting as a Pilatus PC-12, but almost! :p

I see the poster commented that he would be uploading a version where you could control your own view.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was reminded of an incident that took place during the 1983 fly-in that I attended. During the morning, before the official airshow, a Flying Tigers stretched DC-8 flew in to drop something off or pick something up. After taking off on runway 18, he got into the airshow spirit: he made a circuit and then flew down the same runway he had just taken off from at several hundred feet up and about 350 mph! That woke a few people up!