Alarm battery upgrade on 360 - killing the red dash LED :-) | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Alarm battery upgrade on 360 - killing the red dash LED :-)

Discussion in '360/430' started by RayJohns, Jul 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheGeeMan

TheGeeMan Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Montreal , Canada
    Full Name:
    Eddy
    #251 TheGeeMan, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Quick question, hope somebody can chime here, I think I might have found a very close match to the PC board for the 360 sirens. I came across a siren from an Audi A4, by the outside the siren resembles what we have on our 360's, so I open it up and the PC board is also if not the exact match....Except the 360 board has 4 prongs but only 3 are being used same as the A4 ..... but before I go ahead and make the switch, I'm wondering if it is not compatible, what damages can occur on my 360... see pictures
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's not worth the potential damage to other ECUs. The big chip is a Motorola microprocessor and is running some custom firmware. I got a replacement from Exotic Auto Recycling. Tell them what you're doing and they'll cut open the siren module to find one that's not damaged by the battery before they sell it to you.

When I got the replacement, I relocated the battery to an external container so that the battery acid will not damage the siren module again. An exact replacement battery is here: 2Pcs Ni-MH Button Rechargeable Battery 3.6V 150MAH PLC Data backup power +2P-1P

Excellent price. Get them while you can because they are very hard to find.

3. 360dubai

360dubai Rookie

May 9, 2013
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    SP
    Hi there, this is a perfect fix!! I used a standard NiMh 9 volt (8.4 volt) standard energizer battery. They are made up out of 7 x 1.2 volt cells, you can easily open them in the same way you opened the alarm housing. Then remove one of the cells and restore the serial connection.
    This way you have 6 x 1.2 volt cells making the perfect 7.2 volts.

Cheers!

4. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the update.
    standard meaning AA bateries? Can you post a photo of this battery pack? They aren't sold as such package i assume. thanks

5. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi All,

I stumbled across this post after scratching my head re: immobilizer beep when locking and unlocking car.

I took my car to the mechanic and he gave it back with the car no longer beeping. Doors, etc. work the same, no change (everything works as should) minus the beeping which I'd love to get back.

What do I need to do in simplest terms?

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Simplest thing to do is tto buy a new module $300 - $500

If you are handy I can re-post what the procedure is to repair

7. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Does the whole front have to come undone (inside the trunk) to replace this module? If my car is a 2003 and they last 4-5 years is this a repair item and does it mean the car has had anywhere between 3-4 replaced already?

8. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Looking into the trunk one has to remove the fabric panel on the right covering fuses, and the the large fabric panel straight ahead.

There is behind the large panel a plastic moisture shield very difficult to remove and usually tears. You'll might need to purchase a replacement.

There on the right side is a U-shaped bracket hold the siren module.

If you are mechanical you can do it. If not have another do the upgrade or replecement

No way to know how many units have been replaced, but if you do the mod it's permanent.

I had a large supply of the batteries and used to sell a complete kit for $12.00 postpaid.

However, I cannot get more batteries at the moment.

I believe there is an earlier post about an Audi siren I will check.

There has also been some talk about a GM siren replacement for about $100.00, but I am not sure it is fully compatible.

9. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Thanks for the info -- so with the battery the requirement is to open up the unit and hack in the battery which later can be field-replaced once it dies, correct?

Is the battery a part that can be obtained somewhere overseas/etc.? Or this is an alternative to the original battery?

10. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    This subject has been beaten to death many times. There is a GM part for Corvette here https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-alarm-15213135.html for $75. It is identical in every way with the F-car part, except for the part number stamped on the top, which cannot be seen once installed. If you install this siren and the alarm still malfunctions, there is something else wrong.This part is only a siren, and receives its signal from the immobilizer.

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  12. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    As long as it is 7.2 Volts the "size does not matter"!!!

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

at which points at the circuit board do you guys weld the wire? there are 4 points, i assume 2 of them are positive and 2 of them are negative?

14. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    This is how I did mine, it's been 1 year since I performed this mod and no issues with it. The battery I used is also included below. I bought a generic 9V battery box off eBay and soldered it onto the 2 wire leads coming out of the alarm module

Attached Files:

Need4Spd, jean91 and 24000rpm like this.
  15. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I just want to add to this thread; that eurospares.co.uk now sells these sirens new for 85 pounds + shipping, and I think that's worth it in my opinion. Just plug and play.

cavlino likes this.
  16. Majin_JT

Majin_JT Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    JT
    Do you maybe have a link ?

17. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020