Alarm red light on when driving | FerrariChat

Alarm red light on when driving

Discussion in '360/430' started by mmarksx19, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    I've read the threads on replacing the batteries/fitting a GM siren but do want a working alarm so thought I would go down the external battery route. Plus, if I damaged anything then nothing lost as it isn't working properly anyway!!

I removed the siren unit and split the casing to remove the PCB. The board looks fine - no leaking acid marks but my batteries are not the 'coin' type mentioned and I can only see 2 connectors on each end of the battery, the threads I read had 3.

Are these batteries soldered in? If so, can they still be removed (and how?)

I would like to retain a working alarm without spending £££££s.

The siren case says it is v1.2. The car is a 2003 Spider but the siren may have been replaced at some point in its life. Maybe with an older one? Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my BBF100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I have a 2002 360 with a version 1.3 alarm case and the internals looked just like the above with the brick batteries instead of the coins.

You can cut the soldered in pins from the battery as they're soldered in series on the PCB to create a 7.2V battery so your external needs to be a 7.2V rechargeable battery. You can then solder in 2 wire leads to connect to an external case housing your external battery. Pics below.

I used a rechargeable Varta NiMH 7.2V 150mAh battery in the 9V size for my applications.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Thank you so much! I can get it sorted now.

4. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    All soldered and fitted but as soon as I connect the plug connector up, the alarm goes off.

I don't think I did anything wrong so any suggestions!

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I think they’re supposed to do that as an anti-tampering measure. Did you try pressing the button on the remote a lot of times to see if that will reset it?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat