Alfa Romeo 4C Quadrifoglio (?) | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4C Quadrifoglio (?)

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F140C, Apr 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Just spotted those pics on Instagram; apparently those were Quadrifoglio prototypes of the Alfa 4C, which are now displayed at the FCA Heritage Hub in Turin (along with about 250 road/race cars from Lancia, Alfa, FIAT etc.). No other details are available at the moment, but rumours say power output was supposed to be bumped up to 300hp. Pictures courtesy of Alfattitude.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas, Gregc57 and Jaguar36 like this.
  2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Would of bought that in a heartbeat if it came out. 4C is already and amazing little car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas likes this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've posted elsewhere here, if Alfa put their V6TT with 505hp into one of these it would be a total monster. Giulia runs 3.6s at 3,800lbs, this would be ludicrous speed at less than 3,000lbs.

Bas likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I dunno. Putting that scoop in the front hood means we'll lose our space for golf clubs. :)

crinoid likes this.
  5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    What a way to ruin a great car, AWD yuck!!!

6. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    It's not AWD.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Good, then I'm in.

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well that would have been nice but I would guess they decided in favor of little Italia badges on a regular 4C rather than this little rocket. Did they only make two, one Spyder and one coupe?? Maybe a few years old prototype already wich is to bad.

By the way that museum looks great. A lot of old Lancia and FIAT sportscars and racecars.

9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The tow hook is a nice touch when you have an off at the local race track :)

10. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I wonder if they beefed up the gearbox

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's a lot of modded 4c's out there with 300 HP and there's no reports of gearbox problems.

AHudson likes this.
  12. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Bob,
    I had a Noble which used a built Ford lump & transmission. I tracked it and spun a rod bearing (then added an Accusmp to control starvation). I then boosted power by 20-25%. This broke the gearbox leading to an R&R of that item. I also had a Miata that I turboed and ran at twice atmospheric and the 'box was fine, hence the question.

None of the tuned 4c's that I have read about seem to be quicker through the 1/4 mile or show an increase in trap speed commensurate with their (large) claimed increase in HP. The 1/4 mile database an enterprising fellow has posted on the 4c forum makes this point with data. From memory, there is a 3-4mph difference in trap speed. A web calculator says this might be achieved with 15-20 bhp, not 60 (300, claimed minus 240, stock)

I have no doubt that more power can be achieved, but it is usually with bigger turbos, free-er flowing exhaust, more boost, bigger intercooler etc rather than just a re-map.

I do not know, but suspect the throttle pedal response is changed to give more power with less pedal movement as this often produces a greater sensation of power for the driver. The Miata did just this and I loved it. A subsequent release of the ECU software developed exactly the same boost and power but required more pedal travel and felt slower as a result. Anyway, all this is my speculation and worth about as much.

slm likes this.