Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    Hey there. I think ( or feel like ) I'm the only Alfa Romeo 4C owner in Jacksonville. I've heard of a red and a black one. but never seen them.
    I have been looking at tunes myself. Did you ever talk with Mase Engineering?

Maybe we have even met? I frequent the Avenues Cars and Coffee and many other car events around North Florida.

2. bunta_garage

bunta_garage Rookie

Jun 4, 2015
    #377 bunta_garage, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Attached Files:

Makuono, galt, tomc and 2 others like this.
  3. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017

With all those negative posts and videos. I took the negatives a check list of what a sports car should be. Stiff, loud, to much feedback from the steering wheel. That and so many "professional" reviewers were testing it in natural mode. One did admit after 2/3 done that there was Dynamic mode, and it was better. I was yelling at the screen put it into track mode!
    Now I got mine with the track package, sport exhaust. Not sure how that compares with a stock configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012

Attached Files:

5. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    I think that this post is pretty well put.

Been want a 4C since they started to be written about on the internet.
    Finally bought one a few weeks ago, a Alfa Rosso Launch Edition 2014.
    No test drive no nothing and I just LOVE it, the "flaws" too since it gives the car a personality and character.

6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats, enjoy in good health. It is truly a blast to drive.

7. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    Thank you Tom, I'm AHcorse over on "that" forum.
    It's indeed great fun.

Regards,

Anders

8. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017

Yes you can. I have an iPhones and either stream via Bluetooth or plug into the USB. One strange thing is for pandora you have to use the USB. Also get the app. It's worth it. Rebalances the speakers and sounds much better.
    Open the app and got 'find tunings' and reduce the search to af. There are 3-4 good ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I am running Jamie's "road" blocks with alignment that has slight toe out, a couple of degrees of negative camber and the higher castor of the revised blocks.

I did a track session last week. After getting the tires warmed up (it wags its tail until you do), I found the handling on the car to be pretty benign, with a fair amount of understeer causing tire scrub and squeal and, with the boosted engine, not much opportunity to throttle steer it, particulaly in the lower speed corners where it is easiest to feel.

I am guessing it needs a bit more rear ARB. Anyone with experience care to add?
    Philip

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    According to rumors launched by the Dutch site "Autoblog.nl", a new engine should soon characterize the range of Alfa Romeo 4c. It would be a 2000 turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine with 373 horsepower. This engine would also be used in the future Jeep Wrangler. According to some workers, this thruster could characterize the future Alfa Romeo 4c Quadrifoglio. The car of Alfa Romeo, always according to rumors, should combine with its engine from 373 horsepower a sequential gearbox double clutch TCT.

https://www.investireoggi.it/motori/alfa-romeo-4c-quadrifoglio-disporra-motore-2000-tb-373-cavalli/

Sounds like a pipe dream, but the Giulia is supposed to get an updated 4C hybrid gas/electric motor update soon, but with only 350hp.

11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I thought that Alfa was no longer importing the 4C Coupe to the USA. However I do see on their website they are listing it as a 2018 model. Did they change their mind?

12. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    They have 2018 4C coupes available. There is one at my local dealership.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have my first problem in about 2 years of ownership. I think it's battery related. The check engine light is on and it only runs in Normal. It runs fine otherwise. But I don't drive it enough I think to keep the battery properly charged. Trying to take it in when I get back to LA in a 10 days.

But, it runs!

14. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Mayor, please update when you know more.

I see my local dealer has a couple of cars in stock. Both white spiders. Looks like one has some scoops in the leading edge of the front wheel wells/fender, like the launch editions. 2018 identifier?

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow I just found out the Alfa dealer in the South Bay of LA CLOSED last week. This means anyone wanting Alfa service has to go maybe an hour or 2 to a dealer for service.

This is really going to hurt Alfa sales in LA. Not good for Alfa to close so quickly after getting the Guilia and Stelvio models.

16. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    There is one specked here in Jacksonville FL.
    2018 4C COUPE
    Giallo Prototipo (Yellow Pearl!)
    Black/Yellow Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
    18X7.0 19X8.5 Dark Fan Spoke Wheels
    205/40R18 235/35R19 3-Season Pirelli Tires
    NAS 50 State Emissions
    Brake Calipers - Yellow
    Bi-Xenon Headlamps
    Convenience Group - Coupe - Security Alarm, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Assist System
    Alfa Romeo Red Car Cover
    Akrapovic Dual Mode Center Exhaust
    Alpine Premium Audio System w/Sub
    Alfa Romeo Battery Charger

Only real difference I see from this short list is Sub woofer and the Akrapovic Dual Exhaust.

NEP likes this.
  17. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    To B Corner's post above, is the Akrapovic exhaust now dual mode as described in the specs and does anyone know if it is valved between an open exhaust and a muffled one?

18. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    #393 pma1010, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Answered my own question. Image Unavailable, Please Login

And, on operation, from Alfa's Press Release:
    "The Akrapovic dual-mode exhaust system is directly linked to the four Alfa DNA selector drive modes, providing maximum Alfa Romeo sound in Dynamic and Race modes, and providing a quieter motoring experience in Natural and All-weather modes."

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well.. first problem. Check engine light came on. Dealer says it's the electronic control box. They are trying to debug it or replace it. I hope they finish by Tuesday night but my guess is they won't.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    THREE WEEKS at the dealer and still the problem is not fixed! They changed out the ECU and that didn't fix it. Now they need "to escalate it".

Are you freakin kidding me? It took 3 weeks to figure out they couldn't fix it?

Some things never change. Alfa's dealer network appears stuck in 1975

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That sucks. But at least your driving season is all year round.

What kind of loaner did they give you for 3 week +?

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Ugh... they gave me a crappy Jeep SUV from Enterprise. I didn't want the thing so I gave it back in a few days. I hated driving it.

23. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Thanks for posting the update. I am sure it is frustrating and a bit worrisome that they can't fix it. I know it is too early and I am sure this isn't on your radar, but do lemon laws still apply and if so, anyone know the criteria?

24. Ivinsea

Ivinsea Karting

Sep 7, 2016
    Southern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ivin Seabrook
    I got a new 4C coupe last week to replace my 991 Carrera company car.

Would have preferred traditional Alfa red to match my 458 Italia but the Rosso Competizione Tri-coat is pretty. I got pretty much every option I would have ordered except the carbon roof.

The car breaks every rule in the book. I cannot believe they committed to produce and market such a hard core car.

In an era of homogenized EVERYTHING, this is shockingly raw. Bravo!

25. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    I have a F 328, terrific car. Car is very reliable, and terrific. I am thinking of changing for a more modern 4C. Any trades out there. I have to go to local dealer soon and drive one. Thnanks.