Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Sold my 308, if I sell my E-Type, I’ll be in the market for a 4c coupe.

Auraraptor and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  2. ace37

ace37 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Utah
    Full Name:
    John Taylor
    I just had Jamie’s front suspension bushings put in to accompany the rear bushings. The steering feels less rubbery and more direct. Helps the feel just like I hoped. It took the shop a day to install so I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone but I had started to notice a rubberiness in the steering and it resolved that.

I really enjoy the feel of this car. Mine is largely stock with suspension tweaks - PS4S tires and alignment, front and rear bushings, an engine mount insert, and a cold air intake for sound. It has the factory akra exhaust which I enjoy. Pretty decent soundtrack all things considered.

Really a fun little car, especially in the canyons.

BT likes this.
  3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I just finished upgrading the audio in my car. If you are interested a 12"x9"x6.5" high sub box will fit above the passenger knees up in the dash area, and I mounted a little 600W Cerwin Vega amp to the box to give the system some oomph. Sounds killer!

4. wheelhor

wheelhor Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2006
    Cheyenne, WY most of the year
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Enjoying mine. Anyone have updated production figures for the coupes? Prices for all versions seem to be going up

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Loved the car aside from the automatic transmission. I test drove an example.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    A few months ago someone put a note on my car if I wanted to sell. That hasn't happened to me since the 90's when I had my 246 Dino GT

I believe over time more and more will understand the Alfa 4c is the last of the true sports cars. We will never see anything like it again, unfortunately.

rdefabri, pchop, ferrari#7 and 3 others like this.
  7. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Although Alfa's web sight lets you spec a new 4C Spyder. I don't think there have been any imported since 2019.

Coupe production ended in 2018.

IIRC

8. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
  9. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    #734 RJHD3, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    I’ve had my 4c (from BaT) for about six months now. It makes me 1000x happier than my R8 to drive. Ingress and egress are...challenging. Seating position was rough at first, but that was solved by putting the back bolts on low and the front on high. A half dozen well placed washers made the steering wheel placement a lot better as well.

With 4s sport tires, suspension blocks, high flow cat, a capristo valved exhaust, engine suspension mount, uniball bars, and camber adjusted alignment it is undoubtably the most nonstop fun road car I’ve owned. If I keep the spider, winter would involve small wheel spacers, a new ECU and upgraded intercooler for a stage 2 tune.

I came to the forum considering a trade of the R8 and it for a very low miles (7k) ‘85 308 GTS, or an ‘89 328 that’s been a perennial show award winner. After reading this I’m now rethinking.

Damn you all. :)

rdefabri likes this.
  10. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    You will definitely want the stage 2 or 3 tune. I took the route of getting a second ecu, high flow air intake and upgraded turbo plumbing. Now I’m about 312hp and loving it. https://shopeurocompulsion.net/products/euro-drive-alfa-romeo-4c-ecu-clone-system
    Now what did u do to the steering?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    BT likes this.
  12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  13. ace37

ace37 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Utah
    Full Name:
    John Taylor
    Agreed. I’m 6’1” / 185cm and was considering a lower seat just to get a full view of the dash. Figured it was worth a shot so I spent a few bucks at the hardware store and a few hours as a contortionist under the steering wheel. Now I can see it just fine, so I won’t bother with the seats.

14. ace37

ace37 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Utah
    Full Name:
    John Taylor
    pchop likes this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes he's a member on Fchat.

Coupe prices have been rising because there are fewer of them. Most 2017 -20 were spiders. I never cared for the soft top targa. IMO the coupe looks much better and more exotic.

pchop likes this.
  16. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Which makes it representative, by definition, of the market, no?

17. ace37

ace37 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Utah
    Full Name:
    John Taylor
    I’d consider it an outlier right now, but that could change quickly. There are multiple couples listed for sale now with under 2k miles and all are asking below MSRP. But supply is so low that they could all sell in a week and be replaced by higher asking prices.

18. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    rdefabri, Boomhauer and SVCalifornia like this.
  19. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    That was my car that I bought brand new. I've commented on this thread and other places how much I love the 4C. Still do. I sold it for a few reasons, mainly because I acquired some other cars recently that I'd like to keep, and I can't keep everything.

Still, though, it was hard to say goodbye when the new owner picked it up yesterday. I still maintain that the 4C is the modern incarnation of the Dino. Utterly utterly beautiful car with a carbon fiber tub. More fun to drive on the street than a 458. The 4C is a very special and rare car, and I think the market, as many of us suspected, is quickly starting to wake up to that fact.

20. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The coupe has better lines, but I definitely was set on getting a spider. I love the roof off while driving in the mountains. Not sure there is a big difference in values, but Alfa says they should be worth an extra $10k, lol!

21. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    Regardless of style choice, I suspect in the long run the coupe will be more valuable, like the GTB vs the GTS.

22. 328SD

328SD Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
  23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Boomhauer, rdefabri and pchop like this.
  24. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Coupe is the way I would go!

25. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    yup, I completely agree. That's why I am still debating if I should sell mine once the 718 spyder with pdk arrives in 2 months.