Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Maserati MC20 is rumored to be the Alfa's 6/8C project that got scrubbed. Interior of the MC20 is essentially a stretched version of my 4C.

https://jalopnik.com/maserati-developed-the-stunning-mc20-in-a-suspiciously-1845028810

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Alfa has 0 mid to long term vision. They will come out with a great product the hour before they are about to dies then will rest on that model semi success until again they are on life support.

Never seen a company that has so much history and adoring fan base not capitalize on it for more than 2 years at a time. Laziness.
    Now with electric cars becoming the main target, i dont know what will happen bc Alfa to me is Design and an engine.

SO many cars they could have built - a Giulia SW, a Giulia Coupe/cab, a 3 row SUV based on the Grand Cherokee chassis, A 6C to compete with the 6 series and S class coupe or a 4 dr coupe..

But they havent done anything for 5 or 6 years now?

NYC Fred, classic308 and johnireland like this.
  3. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Dragster likes this.
  4. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Alfa Romeo may be the Greek Tragedy of automobiles.

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

A warmed over Fiat 500 Jeep Cheroke. You'd think that by the 3rd collapse Alfa would realize that rebadged fiats don't work, but here we go again.

The Gulia dn Stelvio are real bespoke alfas with an Alfa platform and suspension. The Tonale is that lipstick on a pig, or can pigs fly, we'll see.

A 2 door Gulia would have been nice. or a4c with a NA v6 and wishbones, you know the car Ferrari and Maserati failed to build.

I had high hopes for the electric alfas if theyr oide and steered like a Gulia, alas these two will be shared platforms from Stellkantis. So well have cool alfa inerriors and some styling,

Get those Gulias and Stelvios while you can folks.

classic308 likes this.
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I said this years ago. A 4c with a na 6 and call it a Maserati. Would have been an awesome competitor to the Boxster and a gateway into Ferrari ownership. The Giorgio platform could have been modified into a new Alfa Spider, and a bigger stelvio with a de tuned QV motor would have gone up nicely against the X5/Q7/etc.

gotta get bodies into the showrooms…..

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

An NA V6 6c thats the car we hoped alfa would build or might have been the new Dino. The MC20 is another animal and another price range.

classic308 likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    People here have commented on Alfa reliability.

I did read that the 17s had software problems and that was resolved by 18.

We have a 19 Gulia and a 22 Stelvio. Both cars were delivered with everything working and no creaks or rattles. To date I have had zero issues, other than my wife telling me to slow down..

NYC Fred, Husker and classic308 like this.
  10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I am getting an interest (ok, flat out gotta have one again) in a 4C again. Really wanting the racing red with tan interior and a spider. Naples Motorsports has this on that has been for sale for a while. I am her for the week and am going to go and take a look, but has anyone heard of this special edition. Looks to me like a badge and a whole bunch of money as opposed to real value added above a regular 4C. What say y’all???

https://www.naplesmotorsports.com/vehicle-details/2020-alfa-romeo-4c-spider-convertible-884550d2db5a4d89a6474b92fe0b6ca1

neth likes this.
  11. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The value is debatable. I would rather save 50-60k and get one that I could drive and not worry about. This one is limited to only 33 which makes it quite special but for all that hype around the limited production they couldn't put the carbon fiber trim around the transmission buttons?

Here's the window sticker for it, a highly optioned regular Spider has a higher MSRP.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARBAAB4XLM362514&_ga=2.163071676.1641847667.1617502710-ZARFAMBN4K7609910

slm likes this.
  12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    $125k for a 4c...world has gone mad. Esp since the 33 edition is just ******** add ons.

430 money...

classic308 and slm like this.
  13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks for the replies. Confirms my thinking!

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  14. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As much as I loved my 4C, it's a subpar build and never be worth more than 65K. It has so much potential to be great, but like many have said here, they just didn't do enough to set it apart. The motor tuned is quite nice, but still lacks hi speed torque on the track. That being said, it is a slot car in the canyon and tight tracks, has phenomenal brakes but subpar seating and interior. They should have spent more time engineering the front end to allow for more usable space.

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would not pay the premium for a 1 of 33 Stradale. The regular spider suits me fine, and at $47k seemed like a good value two yeas ago. They do seem like $60-65k cars, but the market could swing either up or down on them pretty quickly.

slm likes this.
  16. EDDY90TS

EDDY90TS Rookie

Nov 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Edward Nunez
    I love mine. i get more compliments than odd stairs as opposed to my Ferrari. its a pocket sized race car designed to have fun. best of all their going up in price.

Launch Edition 204

neth likes this.
  17. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I just bought one as well. #285 Launch Edition. Drove it 1900 miles back from Florida. Great Car

neth and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  18. EDDY90TS

EDDY90TS Rookie

Nov 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Edward Nunez
    Same here. bought mine in Orlando. drove to Miami. took long way home. it was great.

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    That is a long trip in a 4C!!!

20. EDDY90TS

EDDY90TS Rookie

Nov 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Edward Nunez
    Absolutely, but well worth it. Did make a few stops. Central Florida roads aren’t as bad as driving a monotonous turnpike or any of the I95,75 highways. Foods not 5 stars but in many places a good 4.
    planning on trailering it to N.C. next fall.

BT likes this.
  21. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So I am back to considering another 4C. I have a deposit on the Emira, but at the same time, really love the GT4. I have the Pogea Zeus carbon kit sitting in a crate for the 4C. It’s been at my body shop for almost 3 years. It’s the only kit in the US and it’s been killing me not to have a car to install it on. I had a lengthy lemon law suit with that car. The quandary is, do I just sell the kit and stick with the Emira or GT4, or dive back in?

pchop likes this.
  22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Gt4 4 sure

pchop likes this.
  23. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    FYI Emira GT4 is track only. As for the 4C, it's one of my favorite car with limited supply and is appreciating. I've been offered stupid money for mine and I just can't sell it.

24. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sorry, should have been more clear, Porsche 718 GT4. I loved the car. It was by far the funniest I’ve had. It’s so unique and a little rocket. I saw one yesterday and it rekindled the flames for it. I’ve driven the GT3 and GT4, I felt the GT4 feels better, more nimble and well balanced. The 3 felt really big and heavy, even though the weights are very similar.

pchop likes this.
  25. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    Based on driving experience, I'll take a 718 GT4 over 4C any day. Huge fan of that car.

360Tom likes this.