Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    i will be taking delivery this week of a 2016 spider white madreperla tricoat, all carbon fiber inside inside and out,sport exhaust, fan wheels.cant wait. test drove last week. and wow it is basically go kart on steroids. will post pictures next week...

2. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Westbury? Congrats! Are you on the 4C Forum?

3. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    Yes, and no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #104 360Tom, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been comparing mine to my shifter kart, minus dislocated/bruised ribs...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith

Oh that's funny.

6. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I enjoy seeing more Alfa 4 c s on the road...it's an exotic sports car that normal people can afford ...

Puts a smile on my face everytime I see one.

7. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Just have to comment. Can't believe how good the 4c is for the money. If someone is thinking about it.. Drive one! Can't think of a car that gives you that driving experience for the price.

Very special raw old school driving experience but brought to you with modern technology.

Also, good to watch the "How it's Made" video. For the price, unbelievable how handmade the car is. The tub construction is especially interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Just drove a used one at a local Porsche dealer today. I was blown away by how good it was! Am seriously thinking about getting one in the future.

9. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Completely agree. Watched the video shortly before our annual trip to Italy. We toured the Maserati factory and saw/heard the 4Cs in the flesh. The tub is hand laid CF, the level of hand work is simply unbelievable for a car in this price range. Then I took a test drive and was hooked. It sits proudly next to my Tailor Made F12.......kudos Alfa Romeo.

10. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats..... Might not be as fast as the F12, but it sure feels like it is on the track.

11. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    [​IMG]

12. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    [​IMG]

pchop likes this.
  13. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    [​IMG]and this is my face when I leave the 4c at home😡

14. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Wife just purchased new madrepearl 2015 LE, Interestingly, the same color as our 458. She loves the car and is using it as her good weather daily. Another Alfa special, we own 1 of 2 #89/500; the other one is red. Alfa is still trying to figure it out.

We will be down at Sebring in early Nov to break it in on the track.

15. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #115 ar4me, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Absolutely love mine - a riot to drive. Reminds me of my 430 Scuderia, although 4C is more nimble and suspension more compliant. Mine is Launch Edition #102/500, 950 miles.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

pchop likes this.
  16. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    car is absolutely the most fun you can legally have on the road, draws same or more attention than my california. good thing about this car is, that it is fun to drive no matter the speed , sound great , and keeps you involved the whole time (no power steering).

17. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm curious, you guys who are in the loop, is there any talk of a Stradale/Speciale version in the next year or two? Not that they could cut out more weight anyway, but I'm curious if there is a more hardcore version in the works?

18. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Not that I know of. To the contrary I read that they are seeing the end of production of the 4C as we close on 2020. To me, that indicates that further significant investment into the 4C is unlikely. It is such a brilliant little car, and such a nice departure from mainstream cars - some serious balls and great PR/marketing to actually build this car.

19. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    rumors are 4c coupe last build year will be 2017, and spider will live on for a year or two after. something about new crash test regulations.

20. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    New cars from 2017 and on (I guess convertibles have a bit more time?) need to have airbags in the A pillars.

21. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    That seems to make sense

22. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So I am on the fence right now of doing an upgrade through POGEA.
    I've talked multiple times now with the owner and he has given me a small window to decide if I'd like to make mine into a Centurion 4C. This would be swapping out the front and rear bumpers to carbon fiber. New side skirts with cooling ducts on both sides. Upgraded KW suspension, upgraded ECU, upgraded TCT, Pogea Xcut wheels, upgraded boost hoses, New back window with venting, modified downpipes and exhaust(only for Centurion), upgraded brakes and carbon rear wing.

I've probably left something out, but off the top of my head, that's what I can recall from our conversation.

it's quite a pricey upgrade, so i've been on the fence about it.

There is also in the works, a 4C Nemesis.

23. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B

How many of those mods do you think make an appreciable difference In the driving/tracking you do? I can see suspension upgrades and brakes maybe and possibly the ecu. But the carbon and such doesn't seem like it has much real world benefit unless your at 10/10ths already.

24. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'd say massive. The ECU alone make it a completely different car. Night and Day difference. As far as swapping out the suspension to KW, it's going to be a big improvement over the stock set up. The Carbon is the entire front bumper with different lower scoop design. There is a front splitter as well. The rear is also entirely carbon fiber with a rear diffuser. The design is completely different from a standard 4C. I'm sure the weight difference is probably minimal for that. The downpipe, in addition to the exhaust will make quite a noticeable increase as well.
    The wheels allow the car to have a wider footprint over any other wheel out. Not to mention, won't rub. They are built specific to the 4c.

25. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #125 galt, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    There are some additional easy wins for the 4C in terms of weight saving:
    1. Titanium wheel bolts (around 280usd/40% lighter than stock where it counts). Vendor is centerline
    2. Battery replacement (20 lbs) vendor is Sector 111
    3. Eurocompulsion V2 intake saves almost 5lbs and gives you more power.
    4. Already mentioned but you can save sime rotational mass with wheels. (say around 10- 15lbs)

In addition, although I have not seen a solution for this, the spider engine cover actually quite heavy. I would think there is some real weight savings to be had there.

I read that the center of gravity of the 4c is even lower than a lotus Elise at 40cm. A lighter engine cover may lower it even more!

I know I have said it before.. But if you haven't do yourself a favor and go test drive one of these while they are readily available at dealer lots. It truly is a unique driving experience.

Also.. Worth checking out the "How it is made" video on you tube. Really illustrates some of the reasons this car is very special.

https://youtu.be/faFo40izlhk

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk