Alfa Romeo 8c Competition Presentation books & MR model? | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 8c Competition Presentation books & MR model?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by defiant, Dec 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Hello!

Long time lurker here... After a very long time, and with help from DWR46's considerable knowledge, I finally brought one home!

To any former 8c owners who would be willing to part with, or to any who know of a source for the following, please let me know. As I intend for this to reside with me till I expire, I've managed to source most of the "accessories" that belong with the 8c but am still searching for these two:
    • The "book/brochure" in metal/carbon/leather for the coupe.
    • The MR 1/18 model in comp red with a red interior.
    Thanks very much and stay safe out there!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    One the the most artist and beautiful cars made.
    And the exhaust sound to die for.

defiant likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Congratulations!

I love the 8c. It's a typical Alfa. Gorgeous, sounds amazing and flawed.

defiant likes this.
  4. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Joe: What is the "flaw"?

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Took me a while to realize i am joe after i changed my name here :).

The flaw is the handling on anything but super smooth roads. Everytime i drove it on roads that were just a bit bumpy, the rear would get loose. I dont know if it's due to the chassis being carbon or what but i even did a comparison the same day on the same roads driving a 458 and the 458 handled the roads much better.

Still a very desirable car.

6. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Amenasce (Joe): You are obviously a much faster driver than I am!! I have never noticed any faults in the handling. I agree the car is quite stiffly suspended, but I feel that is part of the "throwback" to another era. My assessment is the Alfa 8C is the 250GT SWB Berlinetta of today. It has all the same attributes.

Makuono likes this.
  7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

But that's the thing, i was not driving super fast. Maybe 70/80 mph.
    I have longed dreamed of the day i am wealthy enough to buy one and have a manual gb retrofitted..it would be one of the most perfect car then!

8. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Took my Spyder / Spider (whatever) on a trip recently and it performed fantastic. No bouncing around at all.
    Dont like putting figures on speed but could have been a little more than above.

NYC Fred and Makuono like this.
  9. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    FL isn't known for having many great "driver's roads," but there are a few (very) short stretches locally... it has been a blast so far! (albeit, our roads are generally in pretty good condition around here.) Met up with my Brother-in-law with his GT3 RS yesterday for a drive around on a good weather day... the shifts on that thing are incredible, but we both agree the sound of the 8c is incomparable.

I'm sure it's not great for a sale to some unknown future owner, but I'm going to enjoy driving this for as long as I can!

NYC Fred likes this.
  10. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Bump/update:

Still searching for these and the wife is looking for Christmas gift ideas. If you know of either, please let me know!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving and Holidays!

regards,

11. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Sean: Check your email.

12. Hi. Just wondering if Sean did check his email or whether or not you still had some info on the original "book/brochure" in metal/carbon/leather for the coupe.
    Thanks in advance

13. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Hi Dave! I have the presentation book, still searching for the carbon/leather dealer version. You have a lead?

14. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    defiant likes this.
  15. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Update: Found everything with the help of Fchat members; thank you!

There are two items remaining (that I didn't know I was searching for at original posting):
    • The key fob "jacket" (see photo)
    • Factory repair manuals/parts catalogs.
    As I plan to keep till expiration (then let the family figure out whether to keep or sell!), I'm seeking these to ensure she remains in ideal condition!

If anyone has a repair manual and pages from the parts catalog, please let me know.

All the best!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Sean: There are no hard copies of Repair Manuals or Parts Catalogs to my knowledge. They are available online ONLY to dealers.

defiant likes this.
  17. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Update - found the key fob jackets... will still need a dealer willing to copy/share the repair manuals or provide a method to share... if anyone knows of one, please let me know. Thank you!