News

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The problem is you can't change it for aftermarket as far as I can see. This is why more are moving to CarPlay. Let Apple deal with the GPS crap,

I had GPS in my 2nd mini. it was so bad I never used it. I just use Waze now.

2. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    GPS on the Ghibli is the same UConnect system that's in Chryslers. So whichever opinion you have about Chrysler's current-gen 8.4" UConnect will apply to the Ghibli as well.

3. amenasce

amenasce Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Paris / Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Menasce

I rented a jeep Cherokee 3 weeks ago and it had apple play I think. But the ghibli I am looking at are 2015 so they probably dont have that. Never tried uconnect.

4. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Hey, now! That's the color of mine, and I really like it.

The color changes based upon the lighting level - it can look either blue or grey. And in strong sunlight, the gold metallic flakes dominate. Every person that has seen my car for the first time comments (very) positively about the color.

Perhaps this is one of those deals where you need to see it in person, ideally on a sunny day, before you reach a conclusion about it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jeffb99tx and carguyjohn350 like this.
  5. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    I haven't reached any conclusion of any kind, just stating the numbers. I do know how Grigio Lipari looks in person.

Tu160bomber likes this.
  6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Still a nice car and I have seen one in person. I can say for sure that if the USAF ordered Giulia's they would be in this color :)

7. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    I wonder if Grigio Lipari was once used on the 166?

8. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Karting

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    I have seen many "buyback" Giulias for sale from dealers. Discounted pricing. I wonder if the Vehicles are sorted out before resale.

Dave

9. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    What year? I’m on the cusp of possibly getting a new 2019 Ti Sport. What’s the consensus, are these cars great or junk?
    Greg

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    They are fixed, but that will be on the cars record for life. A really good value if you don't mind that.

No these cars are not junk at all. Although I am not in love with the BMW like styling on the Giulia but they are very nice cars with a very well designed chassis. I had some BMW guy at work running down a Giulia he had driven and comparing it to his BMW M3 only to find out he had tricked out the suspension and modified his stupid BMW's motor. The Giulia has a superior chassis compared to the new stock BMW when comparing just handling, and they are still pretty rare.

11. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I hear all the accolades re: the Giulia’s handling, but are they always breaking down, that’s the question. I understand the first year 2017s needed software updates but are the 2018/2019 cars good to go? By the way I’ve read this entire thread twice so I’m fairly informed in the car, just looking for updated info

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Check out the reasons for some of the buybacks. I would not want to be a car manufacturer in some of these states. These cars are well made.

13. Monch

Monch Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    I’ve had my QF for almost 2 years. I’ve been to the dealer once for routine service. No other issues. Amazing car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makuono, Dai Baracca and -K1- like this.
  14. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Where can I see these reasons for buybacks? Usually it's because a problem couldn't be fixed 3 times, then the lemon law kicks in--is that what's going on?

My question is---is this only for the 2017 cars--or do the issues extend into 2018/19 model years?

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    A lot of reasons. The funniest ones I saw were missing items that were on the window sticker but not on the car. Check the Carfax as the manufacturer has to list the reason.

16. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've had my '18 QF for a year and a half and it has been flawless. My only quib is with with the P Zeros which needed replacement after 7000 miles ;).

ryalex likes this.
  17. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 5, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Dom V.
  18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I drove mine yesterday after neglecting it for a few days as I drive the new-to-me 458 everywhere. The way it pulls from 40-80mph is still surprising. Other cars just stop moving, you weave through like the Matrix. I'm sure other drivers are raising their fist, 'why that darn kid!'

gt4me and stardoc like this.
  19. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't have a QF but I do have an early 2017 Ti with Sport/Perf and after 2 years and 22,000 miles it has been perfect. The best car I've ever owned.
    It's my daily driver through all of the BS that goes along with that and it hasn't skipped a beat. The people I know that have these cars (including a QF) love them. The handling and driving characteristics are far beyond anything it its class.

20. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That Car and Driver long-term review mentioned above is fairly scathing, re: their QF. Lots of weird electronic niggles. Bad luck that they were issued such a lemon, as this seems not the norm around here. Can anybody speak to how the 4 cylinders compare to the V6 in terms of reliability? Frequency of electronic errors?

Sent from my iPod touch using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA