News

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yes. And I get silly and irrational bonding with my cars, voluntarily selling is tough. Even my nightmare 928, I kept for years longer than I should have.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

4. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

are you running steel or CCB on the car? I regularly track mine. The brakes are incredible on this car. I have a 2018 and it’s lowered slightly as well. About the same height of the 2017. That being said, yes, you do have to angle out of driveways at times. I’ve yet to scrape a speed bump though.

On the track, it’s amazing. While I have driven in dynamic mode, it’s not good for the track due to the collision avoidance system. I had that engage on me at big willow down the front straight when coming upon some traffic at 140. The cars still accelerates almost as raw as Race mode in Dynamic, through all the gears. I’ve never experienced any power cut off at all. And surprisingly, in race mode, with everything off, the car is very predictable and controlled. There is no bucking or anything even remotely close to that. It’s precise and direct. The only thing that took a little use to doing was committing to 120 going into turn 8 at Willow and trusting the car near the limits. Getting the tire pressure right is something that is key with the car. I switched to PS4S’s, which might not have the track grip of the Pirelli, they are much better at allowing you to feel out the car. As well, better daily drive tires. I was running about 6 seconds faster than my tuned 4C there and truth be told, I could have shaved off a lot more if I wanted to drive it to the edge. However, it’s my daily and I cared more about getting it home in 1 piece over bragging rights. Lol

as far as tunes goes, look into Pogea racing’s QV. it pushes slightly over 600HP. You can have the exhaust valves open in dynamic, full throttle and traction control. Which for some, is a big deal. My only 2 gripes with this car would be, when on the track, even in race mode, it’s too quiet. Also, like you said, the damn auto off button should be that you could have it Permanently disabled.

Dai Baracca, ryalex and boxerman like this.
  5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    Stuart FL/ct
    Full Name:
    Sean

Over 200k buys you lots of other cars. This one is 4 doors 2 seats. But its a real special, something of a keeper.I suppose f you have the money to just add one to the collection ie the expense is not an equation, it makes terrific sense.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  6. vjd3

vjd3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Anyone have their first (1 year) service done on a non-Quad Guilia (mine's a 2020)? One dealer (closer to me) sez $279.95, the other dealer sez "first service is free." Just don't want to drive it farther and wind up paying more ;)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    1st service is an oil change and fluid check, overall a looking look and it is free.

vjd3 likes this.
  9. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Get a set of Fabspeed HFC 200 cell and a Stradale exhaust and your too quiet gripe will disappear lol.

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thanks, Dai!

Appreciate the recommendation. You are absolutely correct, our HFC's transform the Guilia!

11. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    @Fabspeed Motorsport The Black QV and the White QV that you did belong to Giulia Forum members that I know. I had your HFC in my E92 M3 and with only stock cans she wailed like a banshee at full tilt....will be getting a set for my QV very soon

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Look forward to it! Shoot me a PM or email - John@Fabspeed.com

Dai Baracca likes this.