Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    as to the Porsche, its a factory M491 Targa??

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Yes, it is.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  3. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    very nice! I've seen many but always as a cabriolet....never saw a Targa Turbo look in the flesh.

ryalex likes this.
  4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Perfect car for the use and perfect roads. You do have your priorities straight.
    Please post some more driving impressions.

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I've seen two. I was all set to buy an 85 targa and the guy ghosted me about 6 or 7 years ago. The car ended up going to the mainland, but first, it ended up at my friend's shop. It needed a new rear turbo trailing arm.

Midnight Oil likes this.
  6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I'm in total heaven with my base model 2021 Giulia. I can't find a road I don't love driving it on. Coming home from dinner tonight, without terrifying my wife, it just gobbled up the road. As I reach for my 80th birthday in August, I optioned for leasing at this point in life...but that doesn't effect the fun in any way. Don't allow the old Alfa rumors to scare you away. These are totally modern cars and amazing value for the money...even at retail. Image Unavailable, Please Login

LightGuy, furoni, ryalex and 8 others like this.
  7. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    That car must be keeping you young, I only hope I look so good at 80!!:eek::eek: Walking to garage to go take my 22 Guilia QV for a spin, need to fight the aging process. :D

Boomhauer and boxerman like this.
  8. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    You’ll be 80 this year?! What the hell, man? Lol must be the car keeping you young

9. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    God bless you. It’s great to see you out driving your car with a smile on your face.

10. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
  11. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Looks really good, dare I say, classy! ;)

What else have you done to your car?

12. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    absolutely nothing mechanically....bone stock.
    when my extended warranty expires I will address the following: Suspension (new front adjustable controller arms; allow for neg camber to run a square set-up 19x10); Power (FabSpeed HFC, intake & tune) Braking (Girodisc & EBC pads)...would like to get to 565-585 Hp. Was told by Ferrari tech that the internals are stout enough to handle the extra Hp...

ryalex likes this.
  13. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The rim color was an excellent choice

NYC Fred and Dai Baracca like this.
  14. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Thank you, the powder coating guy got it right the very first time...was fortunate

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    And the color hides brake dust!

Dai Baracca likes this.
  16. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Very nice! Yes a conservative tune gets the car into the HP range you state above and the engine easily handles it like you mention. Some have gone higher but I think the 550-600 HP range is likely the sweet spot. Reducing some of the torque reduction that occurs would be nice as well and most of the tunes do that as well. I mean even in race the cars torque is being severely limited in those early gears.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  17. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The car is already very squirlely between first and second gear with the current hp. Adding much more on the street is pretty useless. Now, if you love track driving like I do, having the extra 50 would be great on any straight section, as well, the added torque coming out of a turn, but in race mode, you really have to work the car to contain the control of that surging power.

ryalex likes this.
  18. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    in race mode the yes the car can break loose very easy from a dig, but as I don't drag race, not overly concerned. a set of dedicated track rubber (Michelin now makes CUP tires in OEM size) it should be much more fun with a square set-up & 50 to 60 more hp.
    I track the car mostly at LRP where HP is not the end all, but when I'm at NJMP, then that extra Hp will come in handy;)
    when I got the car 6 years ago, I tracked it enough to burn through 3 sets of Corsas, a set of rotors & pads:D trying to figure out what I would like later down the line. So next spring I will start to put things in order after the warranty is done. Will start to track in earnest again and report my findings:p

360Tom likes this.
  19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah there's a long, easy curve to the road outside my subdivision (45º over 1/3 mile) and pushing the car in Dynamic it already kicks the tail out on upshift... Race mode and you get your butt cheeks clenching. For an automatic car it is kind of hilarious and unexpected.

360Tom likes this.
  20. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  21. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I took delivery of a GTA in March, and have put 5500 miles on it since then.
    Had 2 Quadrifoglio before that, so obviously a fan of them! GTA is fantastic, another level or two all round - refinement, quality of paint, finishing, and most importantly the engine and handling. Engine definitely smoother and almost zero lag, and the ride is supple while handling is sharp. I put Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on, which gives away 5% of sharpness of Cup2s, but is much more relaxing when the rain starts!
    I did manage to kerb a wheel in an underground car park, so it’s heading for the historic Alfa gold look this week when they are repaired..

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

peterp, pk328, NYC Fred and 5 others like this.
  22. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    $430,000 Alfa Romeo GT Restomod Will Feature The 540HP V6 Heart Of The Giulia Quadrifoglio

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.carscoops.com/2022/06/430000-alfa-romeo-gt-restomod-will-feature-the-540-hp-v6-heart-of-the-giulia-quadrifoglio/amp/

Late last year a small boutique company, Emilia Auto announced plans to build a classic Alfa Romeo restomod. Now, they’ve finalized the design and are showing it off in all of its glory. In fact, they’ve already taken a few orders and started working on the prototype which houses a Giulia Quadrifoglio powertrain under the bodywork...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats. That is one beautiful car. Have you noticed the time difference in acceleration compared to the standard Quad? I can’t wait to see one in the flesh

24. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    It was a few months between cars, so can't say I noticed a huge difference in power. There is a noticeable difference in how smooth the engine feels, and also the elimination of any lag. The engine is hand built and even the block is different apparently, so it's not just about an extra 30bhp or so.
    A lot of things about this car were 'undersold' at launch, there really are a lot of noticeable improvements, and they do sit together very coherently.

This review is a good summary; "it is all the money, but it is all the car"

ryalex and Dai Baracca like this.