Alfa Romeo Stelvio | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by that boy asad, Nov 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    G. Pepper and NEP like this.
  2. Blane

Blane Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blane Curry
    Looks nice, just not the biggest fan of those rims.

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    What...? Those are one of the most classic Alfa designs, and prettiest IMO :)

classic308 likes this.
  4. Blane

Blane Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blane Curry
    I'm new to Alfa, will grow on me maybe over time... :cool:

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Soon those are the only wheels you want ;) :) lol... joking aside. They have other designs that are pretty as well.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    53k is the problem. spend 23k and you will get excellent nav in a hyundia or spend 100k for a benz. just cant expect it in mid range cars for some reason.

7. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Yeah, but how are the driving dynamics in those vehicles compared to the Alfa...? Sure, I wish our Giulias had heads-up display and connected drive feature like the technology package of the BMW 3-series (instead both our Giulias have emergency braking, and it works, which wasn't and maybe still isn't available on the 3-series). I will still take the Giulia over the 3-series any day. I have started to refer to our 3-series as the German tractor :) Anyway, we all have different priorities when choosing our cars :)

NEP, classic308 and Makuono like this.
  8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    G. Pepper, NEP and classic308 like this.
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 USA Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

January - 688
    February - 695
    March - 1270
    April - 702
    May - 1183
    Total: 4538

10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 Europe Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

January - 2315
    February - 2200
    March - 3690
    April - 2398
    Total: 10 603

11. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    What’s interesting and encouraging is that Stelvio finally outsold the Giulia in the USA in May.

12. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I don't think that matters to those of us who love actually driving a car. My backup camera on my Giulia QF is on par with a Fischer Price toy screen, and I couldn't care less. I've also owned cars with the best Nav interfaces and 9 times out of 10 I'll still reach for my iphone if I need directions.

Makuono and classic308 like this.
  13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I agree. I couldn't care less about connectivity, nav, autonomous features, etc. I want style, responsive engine, body control, and steering feel. that's why my lotus elise will be a keeper. car like that will never be made again.

DrinkMan, arizonaitalian and stardoc like this.
  14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Connectivity & nav should not be mutually exclusive from style, responsive engine, body control & steering feel. No reason why you can’t have all the afore mentioned items. It’s 2018 not 1999. I held off getting my Stelvio to get Apple Car Play. Now I have all the things you mentioned +. Just my $.02.

Boomhauer likes this.
  15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    true but seems manufacturers can only give one thing or the other. want a computer you can drive - get a Honda. want a car that you want to drive - get an alfa. want both - prepare to spend $$$

16. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    The ONLY other car I could imagine is an E63S that offers both. BMW styling seems to have gone down the tubes, and the Panamera is not a true driver's car. Any other options out there?

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I agree. It's a tough market out there. You have to compete on all areas or you will forever be just a niche car brand with loyal followers and no one else.

Like Saab was. Look where they are now.

stardoc and jm2 like this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    they say new m5 is best driver of the bunch. porsche needs a panamera gts

19. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've owned several M variants and it seems that every generation gets more and more sterile in looks and drive. At the $120k price point, I don't know...I think the E63S has the looks to boot.

20. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    After 6 very enjoyable months in the Levante, I have now switched to the Stelvio Quadrifoglio (the Levante was unfortunately written off in an accident...). In case some of you consider the two, a few observations:
    The Stelvio QF is a fantastic car!!! Really feels like a mini Ferrari SUV (much like the Giulia QF feels like a 4-door Ferrari). I have driven 1,500 kms in the Stelvio with a long stint through Germany over the weekend. The engine is certainly the highlight of the car and much much more desirable than the Maserati twin turbo V6. Very very strong and does not feel that turbo charged, so one can enjoy reving it out.
    The handling is very good (for a small SUV), rear biased and with a "ferrari-like" steering. The suspension is stiffer than the Levante so less comfortable on bad roads with potholes etc. Brakes are strong - a must for fast driving on the autobahn. The interior feels special (although less gadgets and smaller screens than the Germans, but I prefer this as it puts more emphasis on the driving. The only real drawback experienced so far is a lot of windnoise from the sunroof at above 240km/h and the cruise control only works up to 160km/h - hardly a deal breaker, though....
    The advantages of the Levante are better comfort, more luxurious feel inside and a bit more space in the back.
    But as a sporty SUV, the Stelio is a much better choice!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Windnoise with the sunroof open........there'e the understatement of the year! But the rest of the car is great.

22. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Was closed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The QF version of this vehicle is very interesting. It would be a huge upgrade from my Highlander. :)

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just driving next to a black stelvio qf. pretty cool car and sounds great

25. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I just dropped my GQV off for service. The service guys said they have 20 2017 Stelvio's (nonQV) parked out back waiting for a window wiper (or washer) motor recall. Apparently a huge issue for the 2017 keeping them off the showrooms.