Algar 599 G T O | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Algar 599 G T O

Discussion in '612/599' started by of2worlds, Jul 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lexingtonfancyman

Jul 25, 2012
    #126 Lexingtonfancyman, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    Now, the GTO produces 670hp while the 458 produces 562.. The 0-60 times vary only by .2 seconds, which I felt wasn't enough. Ferrari make better mid engined cars than front engine cars so that is also something to think about.

The question isn't if the GTO is better than the 458, it is weather the GTO is worth the extra expense. Will the GTO devalue faster than the Italia? If I was to speculate, I would say that the GTO is NOT going to drop that much in price, but I don't think it will appreciate either. The price is already too high to warrant any of that. (plus it's generic looking)

I'm personally hoping the 458 will drop in price significantly so I can get one of those.

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    The small difference in 0-60 times makes some sense when you consider that the GTO is listed at 3550 lb curb weight, some 200-300 lb heavier than the 458 (though options can make a difference). The additional weight offsets some of the power advantage.

Still the drag race performance is only one part of the equation. There is a place for both the bigger front engined V12s and the "slot-car-like" performance of the Italia. As for me, it's like women: I respect the GTO but I love my Italia. I hope that you get to the point where you can find your way to acquire one.

3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Well said! However, best to leave him alone as he has a psychological problem....he is an a**h**e

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    have a chocolate on me, Mr.Swissie!

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #130 of2worlds, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Steady on there; Mr. Mann already has his own 'blue' Ferrari to drive. From practical experience he also knows better than most what the special Ferrari models can really do...
    CH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    that's a pretty helmet. must be a pretty guy!

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    #132 Lone Wolf, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
    hope your 599 GTO bites you hard in the ass. ha!

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    properly set up cars dont bite; just improper driving does.

9. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Not a particularly nice thing to wish on someone.....

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    agreed, so now explain to me why you would praise that quality in a car? that is my point.

11. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
  12. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Because for most people it is that fear which makes these cars exciting........

13. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    now, that is twisted thinking....to me, a good car should inspire confidence at the limit and not fear, but to each his own

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Your arrogance is astonishing, still waiting for you to tell us about your 3 "flagship Ferrari's", the more you post the more you look like a troll.

Interesting you continue to bash the 599 GTO instead of actually sharing your experience of driving one.

One cant even debate with you because you come accross as a "know it all", somehow I beleive someone who owns a 599 GTO and a 599XX is a bit more qualified to comment on the merit of car, but thats just me.

Enjoy your "flagship" Ferrari's.

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    i come across as a know it all perhaps because i economize my words. that is my fault, and i may try to be more eloquent in future posts. the reason i understand the development of these vehicles is because i've been involved with some of it in the past. i have been shocked by the level of bs in the car biz and so when i hear GTO, my mind immediately wanders to the cynical. i will tell you that marketing is a major motivation in much of what goes on with the car business and horsepower and noise and overly stiff suspensions go a long way towards that goal.

with regards the Ferrari's, i'm entitled to my opinions and the name calling and bashing from simple boys emotionally involved with their cars is pretty lame.

16. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You intentionally bait them and they rise to the bait. Personal attacks on both sides. These are all toys. Not worth personal attacks.

17. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    :D Classic. Please, don't stop.

-F

18. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    :D :D :D Good stuff.

-F

19. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    You never drove a GTO and you never enjoyed real swiss chocolate, maybe American swiss cheese.
    Please study first the ferrari history before you make statements without any clue and boring us

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I believe it. It's a special car.

22. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    yah man. your just jealous 'cause i got much better cheese than you do.....

oh, and i studied some Ferrari history tonight at 150mph in my 599

23. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Zing! :D

-F

24. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Strange you dont like the name calling seeing as you were the on who started it and seemingly you are still unable to debate with anyone. Oh, care to elaborate about the above, developing Buick Le Sabre's doesnt count by the way...