Alittle off-topic about Austin (Leander), TX | FerrariChat

Alittle off-topic about Austin (Leander), TX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by franko, Jul 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. franko

franko Rookie

Mar 23, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hello, just wondering if you guys can give me some insight on Leander, TX as far as real estate.

I can pick up 2 new construction 3000 sq ft homes fully optioned out for just over $200k. It's pretty amazing since i'm originally from NY but now reside in San Diego which would only get you a shed, if that.

I hear great things about Austin as a city but also the surrounding areas are projected to grow at a fast pace as the areas just outside Austin will get more expensive.

How are their school systems?

I see they are really doing alot of building in the burbs with a few new freeways.

Also, besides Dell i hear many businesses (mostly tech) are relocating to Austin because of tax incentives.

and now the biggest wow that i've heard. I heard that Austin's population is expected to double in the next 3-5 years :eek: Is that true? if so, wow!

Any help is appreciated guys!

Thanks,

Frank

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Leander is a bit up North. I'm unsure about property values, esp. since they are expanding quite a bit up there and even putting in a toll road, among trying to toll other already built roads around Austin (can you say double-tax?).

Up in Leander, it all matters where exactly it would be. Some places, where a friend just moved out of, things are going up for sale left and right, which brought the value down in their previous home.

3. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I have 2 sisters that live up in Leander raising kids with their Husbands. One has a house on 10 acres they built themselves, the other on 5 acres built 50% by themselves. The first sister's house is probably worth $250k plus what ever the land is worth. The built it for around $100 ten years ago. The other Sis's house is worth about $500k, they built for $350 7 years ago.

Schools? Round Rock School district is better if not one of the best along with Westlake in South Austin, but Leander is not bad.

4. franko

franko Rookie

Mar 23, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for the reply's. I'm looking long term for this town. It just seems like it should do well as the closer areas to Austin get more expensive to buy.