All Apologies... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

All Apologies...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

NNO, I'll leave you with this. A few years back with my son was about 12, I took the better part of year off and spent a lot of time with him. My goal was to teach him the one thing that nobody ever taught me when I was a young lad. (My dad was a Navy Officer, and his wasn't very good at talking.)

Namely, if you beat your head against a wall, it hurts. Therefore, whenever possible, avoid beating your head against a wall.

May sound stupid, but it took me a v-e-r-y long time to figure out this simple truth. So far, it looks like my son still remembers this lesson. (He is now 16.) Thus, I'm hopeful that he may avoid some of the major potholes in life that I hit along the way. Not all of them, but some of them.

So please pay attention to what those around you are saying. If you listen carefully, you might hear these words, "Don't beat your head against the wall..."

Take Care, DrTax

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Well, NNO: I can't speak for those who are offended by references to priests, or monkeys, or donkeys, or whatever. But I CAN tell you that those of us who have dead mothers, who we loved, who got cancer all through their bodies although they lived good and healthy lives, who are gone forever before they saw their grandchilden, ARE offended by your use of "dead mother" references in your unneccessary rantings. You may have won your point (?) but you certainly didn't make yourself look good in doing so. Thank you for the apology. If it was sincere, I won't see such references again, OK?

3. true

true Guest

I've almost responded a few times, but decided not to each time. I finally did it this time.

Anyways, I was and am extremely disappointed by NNO. I could not get over the hypocrisy. I found it very ironic that he had been VERY PC in previous threads regarding sticking up for Women and Homosexuals, etc in the past -- but obviously didn't think twice about using words such as 'c$nt', 'funbags' (in the Janet Jackson thread), etc, etc, etc.. I am sure these terms are much more offensive to women then seeing a half-naked picture. As someone else stated, it looks like some true colors are shining through. Everyone has bad days, weeks, months, years, but not everyone would explode/transform like that...man, that was some FILTH!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Milt... Yes, it's a sincere apology, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it to begin with... No, so far as i can see, you won't see another thread with "such references" again... However, please take into consideration that i, myself, could very well be included in the "offended" category, of those people "subjected" to various parental references... i made no specific reference to any dead person related to anyone except those people i intended to offend, therefore it makes no sense that someone i DIDN'T refer to could or should be offended by a reference to a dead relative... i'm fortunate that you accepted my apology, but i lament to realize that you're one of the majority who did NOT see the point behind my approach, yesterday...

True, it's unfortunate that i've disappointed some, like yourself... i saw no hypocracy, though; not once did i ever say "all women are c_nts" or anything to that affect; i merely chose vulgarity in an effort to a different approach at the CONSTANT BULLSH_T thrown my way... The terms i used yesterday are obviously offensive to both men and women, alike; yesterday's events had nothing to do with being PC; i never generalized or took aim at general "types of people" rather i was very crude in my retaliation to specific individuals...

There were no "true colors" shown yesterday, rather just different colors... My approach was not a lashing out or an outburst, i knew full well what i was doing, even before i started... i come here to enjoy myself; to relax and get away; occasionally, i'm fronted with a constant barrage of gratuitous nonsense that i shouldn't have to put up with... Smiling and walking away just wasn't gonna cut it for me, yesterday...

i'll repeat (so i can keep my ultra PC, stiff-necked, tight-assed rep), in no way did i attack women, homosexuals, races, genders, classes of any kind, etcetera; i went after specific individuals, utilizing intentionally harsh and abbrasive weaponry... The funbags comment was a poor attempt at humor and i will gladly apologize for that...

5. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You have apologizes enough now DES :)

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    He did not win the award for Troll of The Year for nothing folks......

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's correct... i bet a big box of knives could open up from the sky and fall down on you and you'd still miss the point...

Thanks, Jonas... :)

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    As did the instigator(s). The desired effect: divide and conquer. Someone finally found the "right" button to push - NNO pushed back.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, Wax... i'm glad some people see my actions are more than just profane ignorance...

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I really wasn't going to say anything, but I never do know when to keep my mouth shut. At any rate, I feel that the personal attacks on you, your income, your hobbies, and your person by members of this board are out of line, and utterly unnacceptable. Period. The name calling, the relating to "white trash," etc.
    However, I was, really shocked by the images you called into action with your rebuttals. I understand that "enough is enough," but this penchant for necrophilia and homicide was beyond argumentative language; it was chilling.
    I think you should heed Dr. Tax's advice, strongly, and re-evaluate your modes of diction; either ignore the childish lambasts and attacks, or retort with something to wit a la Voltaire. Satire, friend, is a sharp sword, because the moron being cut doesn't feel the blade until he's bleeding.
    In the end, I think the sort of language you used, while strong, will only work to tarnish you as a writer, orator, etc. It is below you. And even in anger, you should should not default to such abuses of your intelligence and the audience, as it only works to deafen their ears.

-Hubert

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Being an "easy target," he obviously got tired of mistakenly being perceived as weak. All indications are that if he does it again, it'll wait for another 11,000 posts. ;) Maybe*

*Maybe (In Cold War, always leave the chance of a Nuclear Strike)

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very well said. Some great metaphors there.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hubert, you and Dr. Tax are absolutely right, but satire and cute, witty responses did not sink in hitherto; granted, as others have mentioned, i'm a target merely because of how much i post; still that's no excuse for me to just put up with constant ridicule and be upbraided for no reason... i would understand if i were a troll, but where's the dignity in unwarranted attacks against honest and pure enthusiasm...? Why berate me and my 1:18 bank account because i get all giddy about seeing a car on the road...? Where's the point in chastising me for my die cast collection...? Does anyone see how mentally unhealthy that is...?

i like this site and come here often, irrespective of the deep, murky, fermenting cesspool of incessant, unsolicited vituperators who constantly and randomly wage unwitting and volatile verbal carnage against me; i do the best i can to ward off any attempts at driving me off, but for me, this is not just the internet; i've made friends here; i've gone great places, seen and done great things because of this website; it's no longer merely the internet for me... Of course, i wear my heart on my sleeve and that puts me at risk, but i've done nothing to insult, urge, instigate or otherwise compel these insidious heathens to bestow their heinous, spittle-laden atrocities on me...

A man can only take so much.

14. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    This is where Dr Tax's "don't beat your head against a wall" comes in. No one is trying to disenfranchise you from defending yourself; it's the method that I commented on.
    At any rate, this isn't really my fight, nor my personal venue for comment. Take what I've said however you wish, and do as you choose.

-hubert

15. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Vituperators? 1 Point to Carbon for losing me on that one. Time for www.dictionary.com.

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, you're one of the more intelligent members here, so in taking your point into consideration, i'm also trying to convey that, while being vulgar and profane wasn't the best approach, smiling and saying something cute and witty WAS beating my head against a wall.

17. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I didn't mean to imply that you should "smile, and say something cute." What I was trying to convey is: there's a tactile difference between dismanteling your "opponents" comments, and disemboweling them before a live audience; the one method exacerbates the audiences involvement. The other attenuates their desire to listen, and diminshes their interest in your plight, on account of their personal feelings of having been violated by the language.
    There's a old saying:
    Never argue with idiots. First they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.

-hubert

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i see what you're saying; i must concede, you're probably right...

19. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    You know, necrophiles really get a bad rap. When Eddy Gein was arrested (he was the real life basis for countless movies, including Psycho and Texas Chainsaw Massacre), the police wanted to know who the dead women were that he murdered, and then dismembered (i won't get into the cannibalism part since everyone here seems a bit touchy these days). Eddy didn't know, offhand, but was quite emphatic that he had murdered no one. He claimed to have dug 'em up.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bill - LMAO...!!!

21. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Indeed.
    I don't believe Mr. Gein ever got his royalty check from Thin Lizzy (known for "nice shoes, wanna f*&k?") dedicated a piece to him entitled: "What Is This Monstrosity - Ed Gein"
    Nor do I think he got credit for the Buffalo Bill character he inspired, and his relationship with his overbearing mother that inspired Psycho.
    PS: While he may have been emphatic, about not killing anyone, the dead (mutilated) body of a missing hardware store owner was found dangling in his barn. Habeas Corpus indeed.

22. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I have been in Europe all week. I'll have to read this in detail when I get home!

23. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Yep, its the rare circumstance where Ed Gein can be used to lighten things up.

24. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Buy now: The Ed Gein doll. Makes you laugh like only a necropheliac can. 3 easy payments of $19.95. Shipping extra.

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...! i remember reading the Serial Killer Encyclopedia; Gein was mentioned and credited with making such things as a "breast vest" out of the various skins of the exanimate he exhumed... He also rendered other "articles of clothing" from skins, all hanging from ceiling (rafters?) in his house... If i recall correctly, he also enshrined his mother's bedroom by boarding up the door to it... You two correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he dig her up, too, mere days after her burial...? i also seem to recall some necrophilia on Ed's part, but i could be thinking of another serial killer mentioned in that book...